Xone 1D as internal mixer
    Tech Wizard

Default Xone 1D as internal mixer

Hey guys,

my flatmate has recently moved out and has left me minus a mixer, all i have now is a xone 1d. it will be a month till i can afford my own mixer, so am looking for a quick fix. i was thinkin i could use the rotary knobs to control the eq for now and have tried for ages without any real result. i can get the eqs to move with the knobs but cant manage to get the exact response im looking for. for example if i turn the knob to the complete left, the eq moves to the left but doesnt START moving back right from the extreme left position until i have turned the knob to the extreme right. in other words, after initially moving the knob, the middle position it does not correspond to 0% eq and knob in right position does not correspond to +100% eq.

will this have something to do with the modifier values? because i dont know what that means.

thanks for your help!

Tech Student

Sorry, that I donīt have an answer for you, but Iīd also like to know if this is possible to control Traktor with a 1D only...

Tech Student

Did any of you get an idea of getting only a 1D to work properly with TSP ?
    If anyone out there got a TSI file? Perhaps with a JPEG mapping print?

Cheers

You know there are plenty ones at the Xone's web site and around. Even here.

As for the knobs there's no more straight forward thing than to map a eq on those (not on the encoders, it' a bad idea). Check your mapping the corresponding knob should be set as a knob/direct command without soft take over. There's no difficulty here. And no need for any modifier whatsoever.
    And if you need to set up a eq on a rotary encoder you'll just have to set it up as encoder/relative, and check what would be the best sensitivity and rotary acceleration for your eq.
    Last edited by Yul; 03-23-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Indeed.. there is no reason why you can't fully control traktor using a 1d, its only a midi device, and as such can be re-mapped to suit your needs. As for whats happening with yours, its impossible to say, other than check the mapping!

I really urge all people to get their hands dirty with midi mapping, it will open the possibilities of whatever controller you use, and free it from its physical bonds!
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com