Homecoming Dance. Slow Songs? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sunshine View Post
    We recently built a cadillac, so that helped IMMENSELY with the strike portion.
    Can you provide some more details or pics on this. I am always looking for ways to shave time.
    Last edited by soundinmotiondj; 01-28-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Mentor

Sure no problem! All in all, it was basically just a really big flight case that we constructed out of some ply and hardware. It let us just toss all the lights, cables, etc. into it without having to worry about putting XLRs in one box, DMX in one box, power/IEC cables in another box, etc. then moving each of those boxes out to the trailer (a process we did the last time I mentioned earlier, which resulted in a 3-4hr strike time).

We are going to build another one shortly and will add in dividers into that one, as it would be nice to separate power, audio, and DMX equipment. I'm at work at the moment, but I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of the caddy up close when I get home. Definitely a good investment, especially if you have the tools and knowledge to build it yourself.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Tech Mentor

For those curious, here's some up-close pictures of the event and production.

image.jpgphoto.jpgimage (1).jpgimage (2).jpgphoto.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DJ Sunshine; 01-30-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12