For those few of us who scratch and do tricks...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default For those few of us who scratch and do tricks...

Ok so I'm cool, decent, good...but not as good as the guy (Deeznotes) in the video. Here's what's important though...if Vestax wants to sell Serato Itch and be comparable with the motorized jog wheels that are forthcoming, they need to work with the software folks (Traktor, Serato, etc) and remedy the release lag after scratches. As I said, Deeznotes is good and he almost makes it appear there's no release issue but there is. Of course the is only when scratching. Standard release of the platter by hand or by button is fine but if you're "getting busy" you have to develop a special touch. Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cZ2TvrFJL0

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJLp View Post
    Ok so I'm cool, decent, good...but not as good as the guy (Deeznotes) in the video. Here's what's important though...if Vestax wants to sell Serato Itch and be comparable with the motorized jog wheels that are forthcoming, they need to work with the software folks (Traktor, Serato, etc) and remedy the release lag after scratches. As I said, Deeznotes is good and he almost makes it appear there's no release issue but there is. Of course the is only when scratching. Standard release of the platter by hand or by button is fine but if you're "getting busy" you have to develop a special touch. Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cZ2TvrFJL0

What is the biggest difference ? (i r scratch nubb)

Tech Wizard

I'm not totally sure i understand your question but let me give it a shot. There seems to be no difference between the jog wheel performance of the VCI-100 vs. the 300 (that I can see). Ean has touched both...maybe he knows. However, the difference between a motorized jog wheel (or turntable, or CDJ) is when you're done scratching and you let go of the platter, the take-off torque is pretty much instant. Of course on a turntable a slip mat is used so the platter never stops spinning. I'm not sure what the technology is on a CDJ but when you let it go...there's no lag. That doesn't seem to be the case with the current jog wheels.

Was that what you meant?

Tech Mentor

Yeah bad question good answer.

Any idea how much lag there is on the vci 300 ?

Isnt the lag due to tracktor and not the vci it self?
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Quote Originally Posted by Krilikz View Post
    Isnt the lag due to tracktor and not the vci it self?
    Bingo

i thought that lag had to do with the VCI and that the firmware update chip was the solution??

Tech Mentor

If the lag is in traktor then its an "easy" fix compared to if it was on the vci itself? am i rite?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Laws View Post
    i thought that lag had to do with the VCI and that the firmware update chip was the solution??
    Depends which "Lag" you are talking about, the v1.1 firmware would only send its note off when the jog wheel came to a complete stop, which caused a ramp up.

The "Lag" which is being talked about here is the ramping after the scratch that traktor puts in. The pitch will warp from the speed the jog was going when the finger left the jog to speed the deck is going over a small period of time, idealy it should be just instant. This was in a hope to replicate the feel of vinyl, but obviously it fails to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by emp View Post
    If the lag is in traktor then its an "easy" fix compared to if it was on the vci itself? am i rite?
    If i had 1.2 firmware id fix it, you will have to wait for that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast