Where to go to fix broken controller! URGENT
    Tech Mentor

Default Where to go to fix broken controller! URGENT

Hey everyone, so unfortunately my denon mc3000 slider for channels A and C is really fucked up, it doesn't respond when i move the slider up or down, when it does it just drastically shifts like it'll spike up and go back down, can't controll it at all :/

Where should I go to fix it?

I would get some contact cleaner and some canned air and give it a good soaking and cleaning. If that doesn't work you would have to send it to Denon or fix it yourself.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

I'll give that a try, but after fiddling around with it, when i turn up the volume slider all the way up and really push it up, the slider on traktor will go up, but as soon as i let go it goes back down... the volume control in traktor, not the physical slider

clean it...sounds like bad contacts...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    clean it...sounds like bad contacts...
    Keith is right yo, Dirt and drinks mess up the connections more then any other problem.

Can't you still mix 2 channels with B & D?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

That dirt in faders. Everyone gets there at least once in a lifetime... So if you end up sending it to repairs ask them if they have faders with a dust cover and install them instead of the original ones!

I would take it apart and see if it sperate from the main board. If so, it may be as simple as unplugging a connector and a few screws. If it is soldered to the board, you will need a soldering iron and some solder ribbon to remove the solder. Midi controller boards are very simple in design and are a piece of cake to work on, so if you or anyone you know has basic soldering skills, I see no reason why you should have to send it in to replace a pitch fader.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    Where should I go to fix it?
    Surely the first place you should have asked this question is on the Denon support site?
    They will tell you where you can send it to.

If it is still under warranty you should get it fixed for free. If not they might do it at the cost of shipping.
    If you open it up you WILL void the warranty and, if you are out of warranty they may refuse to fix it if you have messed about inside it.