MIDI Mapping Question!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MIDI Mapping Question!

My boss at work throws this massive halloween thing at his house and wants me to map his numark total control to control the music/sounds on it.

Is it possible to map a command on the numark so that I can load tracks onto the left deck and autimatically play them?

I want to map the bottom six buttons so they they can cue seperate tracks into the left deck. How do i do this?

wrong place to post, move to 'Controller Mappings' forum
    sorry, I don't know the answer except if you use modifiers..

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Actually, this is the right place to post this question. Read the FAQ.

In answer to the question, if he's using Traktor, then just insert the commands like "Load deck A" "Play Deck A" etc. etc. and hit Learn and select the appropriate button. They can all be mapped to the same command.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Lets say I have six sounds, is it possible to map all 6 sounds to the 6 cue buttons on the bottom?

Yes it's possible.
    Go to midimapping and select add->cue/loops->select hotcue
    then you must duplicate this function 5 times, and for each 6 funtion select a different hotcue number. Then you can also click LEARN for every hotcue and then press the desired button. You can also change assignment from one deck (e.g deck A) to Focus which means traktor will use that function for the selected (=highlighted) deck

Sorry about my first reply. I was probably just a d*ck. Soz to DvlsAdvct also..!

So basically I have to have each sound in one sound file?

Oh, I'm sorry, I was already assuming that.
    Well, yes you do if you want to do it the way I described above. Otherwise you can have up to 4 decks in traktor each holding their own sample. (But then you wouldn't have a background song, so probably maximum of 3 samples)

Ok, thanks.

Ill try to do it with 2 decks. Im still having trouble setting hot cues, can you explain a step by step process! I click "add map hotcue" then what?

Do you mean actually setting hot cues in a song or mapping a button to set hot cues?

EDIT: Let me explain both.
    To set a cue point in a song press the IN button. To then save this as a hot cue, press STORE (just under IN) Alternatively you could press the MAP button (near STORE) and then press a button on your controller mapped as a hot cue activation. (to map as a hot cue activation see my post before)

To map a button to set a hot cue you can assign on of those bottom 6 cue buttons to store a hot cue:
    Go to preferences->midi mapping
    Press Add->cue/loops->cue set + store
    then press LEARN and press the button you want to use on your controller.
    Then modify some settings. Change assignment to focus and make sure Interaction mode is set to trigger, not output.
    That should do the trick
    Last edited by sj03w4t; 10-09-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Tech Wizard

Well, On some serious....

Is there a guide to midi mapping? I know I may be asking a very noob type question, but I am new to DJ-ing in general, and to the controller that I recently purchased. I would like to see some different opinions and thoughts about how I could use the midi tools in traktor to map the one I have, and to other ones that I may use. I imagine there is more of an art to mapping aside from just placing a knob in control of an effect, but I don't know where people are having that conversation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast