how to record mixes with Traktor 3 LE ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default how to record mixes with Traktor 3 LE ???

OK so i'm still using Traktor 3 LE (that came with my VCI controller) and I am waiting to upgrade to Pro until I get my new laptop in a few months.

Is there any way I can record a mix?

THANKS for any and all help!

~MAF~
    [mike.frank]

try audacity, should be coming with your LE. with audacity you can record your master signal, edit and save your mix. the best is , its free , in case it wasnt in your package.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Wizard

LOL someone recommended Audacity a while back when I posted this and I downloaded it. BUT I never figured out how to set up the preferences to be able to record a mix.

greatmesk - any idea how to set yp the preferences in Traktor 3 LE / Audacity to be able to do this? If I recall correctly, I was having trouble with figuring out how to send the master signal internally to Audacity, while still sending the cue signal to my head phones (via Echo Indigo DJ Soundcard)

Thanks for the help!
    [mike.frank]

Tech Wizard

like, is there a way to set up the Echo Indigo sound card as an audio device in Audacity? is this the route i should be trying to go?
    [mike.frank]

the way i used to do it: Bcd3000 + T3LE + audacity. Setup bcd/soundcard and t3 properly like usual. then route the soundcard main -output into your pc line-in. pc master into speaker. in audacity select line-in and play on T3. record in Audacity and check your gains. I think you have to set audacity to playback the incoming signal through your onboard soundcard. do some adjusting on the volume and you shoulb be good to go.

Is your indigo extern or intern?

If you need any further assistance im glad to help. tomorrow i can check audacity when im on my main pc. well, that means in a few hours. i just gotta get some sleep soon.

basically:
    T3->indigo->headphones and main out
    main out into pc line in
    pc line out into speakers

traktor plays through the indigo into your headphones and also into your pc rather than directly in the speaker. audacity records the incoming signal. your master/ line out delivers it to the speakers. You can now record your mix and still have your pfl-cue.

Tech Wizard

when you say "main out into pc line in" - do you mean physically using a 1/8 " to 1/8 " cable ie plug one end of the cable into the main out jack of the echo indigo soundcard and the other end into the line in jack on my laptop?

or is there a way to configure my sound card to do this without hard-wiring it?

FYI, it is the internal CardBus style indigo sound card.
    [mike.frank]

well, yes.

your mic- jack should work too. Use a stereo to single jack cable. those y- splitters, 2 jacks on one side, one on the other.

like this one^^ if you have 2 outs, channel 3+4 i think are the main outs and 1+2 are for the phones.

Simple as that, channel 3+4 with a y-splitter into your pc line in or mic.
    If you have only one jack for phones and one for the main out a single 1/8 cable should do it.

One thing you could try is setting the indigo as your main sound device in windows, and then set audacity to record the "stereomix" as its called in audacity. Then you wouldnt need to route the indigo-main-out back into your pc.

for my interest, do you also have a onboard soundcard or only the internal echo indigo?
    Last edited by greatmesk; 10-09-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Tech Wizard

i only have one jack for my main out and one jack for my phones, so i guess ill pick up an 1/8" to 1/8" cable from radio shack.

also, i have an apple PowerBook G4 and run Mac OSX... but ill still poke around and see if i can figure out how to set up the indigo as my main sound device.

i have the echo indigo internal cardbus type sound card, and then whatever sound card came built in to my laptop. not entirely sure what you mean by "onboard soundcard"

thanks a lot for your help!
    [mike.frank]

allright. now thats some important faqs im not mac savy, others here may be a better help. But in a nutshell you only have to A) get your mac to see the indigo as main soundcard or B) get the sound from your indigo to the build in soundcard ( onboard means its part of the motherboard and cant be taken out the unit as a single part) with the 1/8" cable.

Cant you create a new sound device in *whatever cat it is this month*?? as i said, im not mac savvy.

You do have a line-in on your mac, dont you? I´m more than sure once you plug your indigo-out in you mac line-in audacity will get the signal. Dont know why it should be different than with a pc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast