A bit of help - VCI-100 self-Arcade FW1.4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A bit of help - VCI-100 self-Arcade FW1.4

Hi guys,

Some months ago I moved to Traktor and I bought a second hand VCI-100 self-arcade with FW 1.4. When I bought it I connected it and checked that the buttons were working then I spent some time getting used to Traktor. Last December I started to work with the VCI and I noticed that some the light of some buttons was stuck. No matter what I do the light of these buttons is always on. I read in the forum that sometimes the USB connection is not powerful enough causing the leds/lights to go a bit funny so I bought a variable switch adaptor for 3-12V and up to 1000mA. The problem is still there, I contacted the seller and he told me that the VCI was working fine with him, there is no reason to distrust him.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you could help me with that. I just don't know what the hell is going on...is it getting older? is it the firmware?

I have recorded a video showing the issues, if you realise when I connect the VCI a few buttons flash for 1 millisecond, i.e. 1-4 juggles, dedicated delay for deck A, Fader FX led 1, loop 8 deck A, sample B, etc, those are the buttons that stay on/lighted afterwards, please have a look at the video and any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheers...!!!

Tech Guru

I would guess it's a MIDI mapping issue rather than a fault with the hardware.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

+1 for makar1. Try and reload the mapping a few times, try the mac version as well. Or check the LED output is correct in the mapping.
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Hi guys,

Thanks but I have tried that many times and still does not work. The mapping es for both win and mac, there is no distinction. I have also tried v3.6.4 for F1.4 and still does not work. Thanks for your help but I think it is not to do with the mapping.

I'll try in the mapping forum though.

Any other ideas?

Tech Guru

You know you can create and edit mappings right? You don't need to find the "perfect" one.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You know you can create and edit mappings right? You don't need to find the "perfect" one.
    Thanks makar1,

Yes, I know but I am still learning that and I think it will take me some time. I'd like in a future to have my own mapping but as I said I don't see that happening any soon...

By the way, I have created a generic midi mappin and assigned a simple play/pause action to it, no leds or anything advanced and the problem is still there.

Could anybody tell me what the F1.4W does? What exactly is the firmware?

Sorry but I know nothing about these things.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabeat1975 View Post
    By the way, I have created a generic midi mappin and assigned a simple play/pause action to it, no leds or anything advanced and the problem is still there.
    OK, so you should add output command for your Play button and see what happens. I'm not introduced to this controller or it's custom firmware but could be that it has some code for LED back light state when Traktor doesn't take over of the output. Just a thought...

Tech Mentor

how do the leds act when the vci is connected to your computer BUT traktor is NOT running?
    what version of traktor do you use? are your tested mapping made for that version of traktor?

i believe it is a mapping problem. when loading mappings into traktor it happens sometimes that some values are loaded incorrect. did you follow the importing steps?

have you tried to delete every mapping from your controller manager and checked the leds behaviour? try to map some leds on your own and check if they work.

sure the vci has FW 1.4? to confirm, try getting into "disco mode".

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast