MIDI Brain with LOTS of Outs

Default MIDI Brain with LOTS of Outs

Hey all!!

I'm working on a project right now for a DJ mask that is going to have an internal MIDI brain. Why in the mask? LED control.

Basically my dream for this is to be used in my performance duo Mirror Concept. We'd each wear one and it'd be wired to Traktor. Using the "Beat Phase" out command we could create simple animations that will always been in time with the chunes. From there we'd each have a MIDI Fighter Spectra to cycle through animations using modifiers programming each animation to a certain modifier and a certain value. Then all we'd have to do is plug in the helmets via USB when we get to the show and we're live!

So, what MIDI brains are USB powered and have lots of out.

Thanks in advance!
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Teensy 3.1 maybe. I have one, it's great. You can connect anything too, not just LEDS.

I like that idea, mate! Just make sure your helmets are breathable - it's gonna get hot in there!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by JudemanG View Post
    Teensy 3.1 maybe. I have one, it's great. You can connect anything too, not just LEDS.
    is it out of the box recognized by Traktor? How will I know what MIDI notes go to what LED?

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I like that idea, mate! Just make sure your helmets are breathable - it's gonna get hot in there!
    That is a concern. We might be working in Gas Mask filters with computer fans in them. One in one out to keep flow.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

How many outs do you guys want? The brain jr has 16 and it's pretty cheap/no codding... Also supports RGB.

It supports USB midi, but you'll have to map it to Traktor yourself. If you need any help with mapping or coding, you can ask me. The helmet idea sounds really cool. Also, if you need An LED matrix, they sell some really good ones on sparkfun.