MacBook Pro powered USB hub help?
    Tech Wizard

Default MacBook Pro powered USB hub help?

Hi guys

Wondering if anyone can shed a little light my way. I'm looking for a powered usb hub for my MacBook Pro, I run a Traktor S4, Ableton Push, Maschine, Audio 2 DJ Interface and occasionally a USB drive and some other things iPad /iPhone. I've just purchased the Advent 312 http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computi...28377-pdt.html but sometimes when I boot the Mac up it doesn't always power the Maschine or S4. Been looking at some other models and someone said that Native Instruments only use the dlink hubs but which model are these?

Thanks in advance

DUB-H7 is what they use internally.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Tech Wizard

Cheers frankle. Do you have any experience with this hub. Would you know if it could handle all my controllers etc.?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dj finn View Post
    Cheers frankle. Do you have any experience with this hub. Would you know if it could handle all my controllers etc.?
    I have it and it is a great hub. You should have no problems with it. It has handled everything I have thrown at it.

Other cheaper hubs may work but the D-Link isn't that expensive in the first place... plus it can Fast Charge my iPhone and I like that.

My D-Link went tits on me the other day and fragged my X1 and Maschine's USB ports somehow, but up until then it was great. Might of been due some dodgy electrics in my wall though and not the hub.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.