How to connect a midi keyboard,monitors & a usb mouse to a mac?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How to connect a midi keyboard,monitors & a usb mouse to a mac?

Hey guys,

I own a pair of krk rp8's and i connect them to my mac with a traktor audio 2.
    Along with that i have a m audio axiom air. I connect these both using usb ports on my mac book pro. Now i recently just bought a usb mouse to use.

But since my mac pro has only 2 usb outlets i bought an additional usb hub to connect this. After pluging in my usb hub, my mouse and my midi keyboard would power up (light turns on) but the midi keyboard doesnt send signals to ableton live. Similarly, when i connect the audio 2 to the usb hub my laptop doesn't detect sound card at all.

Though the monitors and the midi keyboard work fine when connect directly to the usb ports. : / What do i do? How to use all 3 at the same time?

Thanks

Tech Mentor

possible you need to consider a powered hub as the devices may be drawing to much power for the single usb port on the machine also the two ports on macbook pro's are not equal so maybe try plug the hub into the other port and plug the audio interface directly into the mac rather than the hub

You should get a powered USB Hub.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Mentor

Would a powered usb hub be better or thunderbolt wire to connect to the audio interface and the mac? Also does using the thunderbolt port suck more of your battery?

Just don't connect the mouse, the trackpad is better anyways. My 2 cents....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

hahah no, personally i feel the mouse increases my speed and convenience while working

CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

okay, can some one just tellme that would using the thunderbolt be better (in the sense would it consume more battery or less and would data be transferred faster/slower) or would using the powered hub be a better option?

Tech Mentor

thunderbolt transfers data much faster but i dont believe the audio 2 has thunderbolt on it.

Think he means a thunderbolt usb hub... in theory yes
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast