is the maschine a good s2 accessory?
    Tech Wizard

Default is the maschine a good s2 accessory?

hello all, i've been doing small gigs lately, and i'm tired of carrying my 100lb flight case around, so i'm going back to the s2. however, i want to make it more fun so i'm looking for a new toy to use with it

was looking at the rmx1000 but it seems awkward for the s2, esp since i use trs cables and not rca's. it's got rca outputs, and i don't feel like carrying another piece to my modular setup

the other things i was looking at are different akai pads, the f1 and the maschine. the f1 looks straightforward and can add some funky sounds to my mix

the one i wanted to ask about is the maschine... i was wondering if it is capable of adding sounds or chains like the rmx1000 to a mix (clap sounds, hi- hats, etc.. in time to the music)? any other cool stuff it can add?

another advantage is i can make songs in my spare time. i love minimal and techno and it looks good for that. i played the trumpet it high school, maybe now i'll play the techno trumpet

please tell me what's up if you use a maschine, f1, rmx1000 with a s2 and which you recommend

The F1 is probably your best bet, as you can sync your loops and samples with the beat. Also, you don't need to route audio between applications. However, If you actually want to create and sequence live beats over your music, I'd go for Ableton Push or Maschine.

Tech Wizard

thanks dude! i'm gonna look at the f1

Happy to help!

Tech Wizard

idk what ppl do there, but the guitar center demo stuff is always broken lol.

i've been researching it and apparently u can map the maschine to control the remix decks which maybe cool

http://digitaldjtools.net/mappings/r...ecks-maschine/

u know anything about the mikro vs the regular maschine?

Maschine now comes with an official Traktor mapping for remix decks, so you don't even need to use a custom map.

EDIT: The mapping actually comes with Traktor.
    Last edited by jdownesbaird; 02-09-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Maschine now comes with an official Traktor mapping for remix decks, so you don't even need to use a custom map.
    Just tried that a couple days ago with my Mikro, and it's AWESOME!

Tech Wizard

hey y'all i think i'm gonna ball hard and get the maschine. i'm on 10.6.8 snow leopard, should i update to mavericks? are the bugs gone?

i'm using an old version of traktor i wouldn't mind updating (2.6.0), but it's the last version for my OS. so can i update?

i got a rave coming up and i wanna add some funky sounds to my mix!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Update to Mavericks and update to the latest version of Traktor. No reason not to.
    They both work perfectly well.