Trouble recording mixes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Trouble recording mixes

So I saw a post here a bit ago about recording mixes with a webcam, so i bought one myself. I've been having trouble trying to direct the sound from my controller. Bought a c920 and im using the logitech webcam software. Im pretty sure that im supposed to link the mic from the soundcard from my mc6000. But as you can see its not coming up as one of the options. any suggestions? I plan on just uploading my mixes to youtube, I tried doing it directly to youtube's recording device but still no dice.

Tech Guru

Use Traktor's recorder then combine it with the video afterwards.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

The MC6000 probably won't show up in the settings if it's already being used by Traktor. Actually, looking at the list it might not show up at all as it probably won't pick up ASIO devices.

Makar's suggestion will work. The only other thing to try would be to run a cable from the Rec Out on the MC6000 to the mic in port on your laptop, which would then be picked up in the Realtek High Definition Audio selection. You'll probably have to change something in the audio settings of your laptop to change the mic in port to accept a line level source.

EDIT: What is the USB Audio device in the drop down list?? Have you tried selecting this and playing stuff through the MC6000 to see if it's picked up??
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Actually, looking at the list it might not show up at all as it probably won't pick up ASIO devices.
    It should do- I use the C920 (with the same software) and my Dn-x1600 shows up in that drop down list.

EDIT: What is the USB Audio device in the drop down list?? Have you tried selecting this and playing stuff through the MC6000 to see if it's picked up??
    Definately worth a look.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Tech Guru

Most ASIO devices also have standard Windows drivers which is what shows up in the list. It will probably be referring to the 1st input on the device.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    Definately worth a look.
    If you don't get any sound with this option, make sure that the output source switch on the back of the MC6000 is set to rec out/mic. If its set to CH1/3 it will only send out any audio that is playing through channels 1 & 3.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

The MC6000 probably won't show up in the settings if it's already being used by Traktor. Actually, looking at the list it might not show up at all as it probably won't pick up ASIO devices.

Makar's suggestion will work. The only other thing to try would be to run a cable from the Rec Out on the MC6000 to the mic in port on your laptop, which would then be picked up in the Realtek High Definition Audio selection. You'll probably have to change something in the audio settings of your laptop to change the mic in port to accept a line level source.

I did try the USB audio device, no sound came out when i played back the video while playing the decks.

Ill try your suggestion with the rec out w/ the rca to 1/8" in my laptop

Tech Wizard

If you don't get any sound with this option, make sure that the output source switch on the back of the MC6000 is set to rec out/mic. If its set to CH1/3 it will only send out any audio that is playing through channels 1 & 3.
    Oooo, mine is set to ch 1/3. Ill try that later, thanks

Tech Wizard

awesome ! looks like rob's idea worked. got another question now lol

i know this sounds weird, but is there another mixer or adjustment i can do to fix the eq's? its hard for me to describe but even when im playing a track with normal eq's (all knobs 12 o'clock) im getting heavy bass when i play the recording

Tech Guru

Probably because you're using the wrong input (mic). Are you sure your computer has a line-level input?

Try routing the Rec Out of the MC6000 into the 1st line input and using "USB Audio Device".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast