Which Audio-Interface to use?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Which Audio-Interface to use?

Hi DJTT Community

I am about to buy the Nubert nuPro A-20 active monitors for my home-setup.

For now I will only use it to play music in general plus for my home-setup consisting of a Traktor Kontrol S4 and a MacBook pro.

Problem is, I am not too sure what kind of Audio-Interface I should get because there's quite a huuge range of possible candidates.

I'd be very glad to read some of your recommendations which would make my life way easier

Thanks
    Mark

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Welcome.

There is a very capable soundcard inside the S4. Are you looking to expand into production?

As Karlos said the built in sound card that the S4 provides will be more than sufficient, if you want to produce I recommend the Focusrite Scarlette series, the model depending on your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Tech Guru

I may as well ask here too. Looking for an audio interface for production but also may want to use a DVS setup eventually. Is a Komplete 6 the option for me?

I'd go for for a Focusrite or Akai eie otherwise I think.

No mate the Komplete is not Traktor Certified and cannot be used with timecode. It's very nice soundcard but it is restricted.

For timecode you need an Audio 4, 6 , 8 or 10 and the variants of those (such as TA10, TA6 etc).

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    No mate the Komplete is not Traktor Certified and cannot be used with timecode. It's very nice soundcard but it is restricted.

For timecode you need an Audio 4, 6 , 8 or 10 and the variants of those (such as TA10, TA6 etc).
    Ah damn, I thought I could kill two birds with one stone.
    I've not done much research into this yet so don't hate me but I might as well just ask. Should I go for a Focusrite 2i2 if I'm just using monitors and headphones? If I can find a second hand one maybe the eie but that's only because I like the purty dials.

Personally, If I were buying a USB soundcard for production on the same budget I would go for a Presonus.
    I have had the FireBox and the FireStudio M and they are amazing. The build quality is second to none. The mic pre-amps are excellent and they have midi I/O which the Focusrite doesn't (?). Plus the software mixer is really flexible.

Maybe not as pretty as the Focusrite but my FireBox withstood years of gigs. It was BATTERED and it just powered through.

B-Stock:
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/presonus_au..._b_stock_2.htm

Tech Guru

Personally, If I were buying a USB soundcard for production on the same budget I would go for a Presonus.
    I have had the FireBox and the FireStudio M and they are amazing. The build quality is second to none. The mic pre-amps are excellent and they have midi I/O which the Focusrite doesn't (?). Plus the software mixer is really flexible.

Maybe not as pretty as the Focusrite but my FireBox withstood years of gigs. It was BATTERED and it just powered through.

B-Stock:
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/presonus_au..._b_stock_2.htm
    Good to know. I'm completely new to Audio Interfaces. What cables would I need to run a pair of monitors? And I take it the headphones go through there? Anything else that I'd plug in you can think of that's obvious? Won't have a mic for a good while. The main reason I want one is to get the most out of the monitors.

Tech Convert

Welcome.

There is a very capable soundcard inside the S4. Are you looking to expand into production?

I am not planning to start serious producing in the midterm future but I was just wondering if there is a way to channel two sources through the Traktor S4. I.e. I would love to have my speakers connected to my DJ Setup plus my standalone tower PC at the sime time. I guess I'd need an amplifier or something for that?

Thanks for your replies guys, I am quite a noob in these things still

Quote Originally Posted by margsenjo View Post
    I am not planning to start serious producing in the midterm future but I was just wondering if there is a way to channel two sources through the Traktor S4. I.e. I would love to have my speakers connected to my DJ Setup plus my standalone tower PC at the sime time. I guess I'd need an amplifier or something for that?

Thanks for your replies guys, I am quite a noob in these things still
    If you have any questions or need any help at all then read this. I can teach you the basics and some more advanced stuff, if you want of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast