will Native Instruments merge Traktor Pro and Scratch Pro?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default will Native Instruments merge Traktor Pro and Scratch Pro?

Considering Mixvibes and Serato has done this, I dont see why not.

Isn't Scratch Pro just Pro with DVS???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It has been the same software for ages, the only difference is wether your license unlocks the scratch plugin or not. You still need timecode media and a compatible audio interface/mixer.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by enorjy View Post

I just checked the Mixvibes Homepage: there is "Cross DJ", which offers midi control, and "Cross" which offers additional DVS and HID control, so there are two different versions, just like Traktor Pro and Scratch Pro.

Serato is a completely different story, since they aren't making money by selling software, but by getting license fees from hardware manufacturers.

Having two different versions is probably the best thing NI can do, allowing every user to chose the one that fits him best. If they were forcing everyone to buy Scratch Pro, people who don't need DVS might chose another software because they don't to pay for a feature they don't need.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by enorjy View Post
    the scratch control is how they make the extra $$

Tech Mentor

I really considered serato after they did this. It would be great if Traktor did this and really pushed the hardware (where they really make the money). More certified mixers would be great too.
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Tech Guru

Pro and Scratch Pro are the same price now, so it seems likely.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Yeah but they're ultimately the same product, with one extra feature enabled, you essentially get Scratch/Upgrade to Scratch when you buy the hardware that actually works with it, merging the two would probably just confuse newer users into thinking they can do things they can't without the hardware... The amount of people I have contact me at work asking about using some third party soundcard to enable DVS setups on Traktor/Serato is larger then it should be.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    the scratch control is how they make the extra $$
    With timecode MK1 it was actually how they paid the licence fee to a company called N2IT that owned the patent on the timecode.
    NI had to pay a licence fee for every copy of Traktor Scratch and Traktor Scratch Pro that was sold up till the release of Timecode MK2, called 'Native Scratch Technology' which was developed by NI.
    Now NI don't pay that fee but you could argue that the extra cost involved in buying TSP is for the R&D of scratch functionality as well as the feature itself. NI developed Timecode MK2 over quite a period of time, I have numerous test pressings of MK2 that were tested before it was perfected so it wasn't just a case of reverse engineering MK1 and selling it. They totally started from scratch (ignore the pun).

Also, Timecode MK1 is still available so guess NI still pay N2IT for sales of MK1.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    I think this is possible but I don't expect it until at least the next 'version' of Traktor and even then there are plenty of reasons for keeping things the same as they are now. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    Yeah but they're ultimately the same product, with one extra feature enabled, you essentially get Scratch/Upgrade to Scratch when you buy the hardware that actually works with it, merging the two would probably just confuse newer users into thinking they can do things they can't without the hardware...
    ...very true...unfortunately the same applies now.

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    The amount of people I have contact me at work asking about using some third party soundcard to enable DVS setups on Traktor/Serato is larger then it should be.
    Yeah, and it will continue to be like that for as long as people don't bother to look on the product pages and read what it clearly stated in text and in comparison charts.
    How anyone can be prepared to spend their hard earned, time earned money on gear without spending any time researching it is beyond me.
    I get asked the same question all the time and I answer it but in the back of my mind is the fact that I was totally green once and I didn't need to ask someone, I learned what was needed by reading the website and forum.
    I have no issue with being asked but you can always tell if someone is genuinely confused and someone who simply hasn't bothered to read anything.

Tech Guru

Sorry for the mixvibes, I thought for sure they crossed out the cross dj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast