Traktor on Linux?
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor on Linux?

Anyone played around with Traktor on linux? a friend of mine suggested that today and I am giving it some serious thought... anyone have any thoughts on that?

Sure go for it, pick up a copy of jackdmp to traktor into other applications while your at it
    Dunno how it runs personally so keep us informed

Tech Guru

Since you're going to have to run it in some kind of emulation (there is no native linux version of Traktor), I'd say you're in for a bag of ass. There's a lot of low level stuff going on to facilitate things like hot swapping and streaming, and those aren't going to work as well running emulated.

If you truly need to switch to Linux, look for apps that run on it native. Keep an eye on apps like Mixvibes Cross.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...rsion&iId=5144

At WineHQ it's rated platinum. But I don't have traktor so I can't try it out for myself.

Tech Mentor

i checked winehq the other day. which made me think of it...
    i dont have to switch to linux. its more of a, i wonder if it runs better. and linux is more stable than windows (im running vista and never had an issue with traktor). so its an experiment. ill keep everyone updated on it. anyone have a method for putting traktor through the paces?