Switching from 140+ BPM down to 128 BPM (Need Help)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Switching from 140+ BPM down to 128 BPM (Need Help)

Can someone tell me some ways to go from lets say a 145 BPM song to a 128 BPM song?

Maybe using effects or something

I don't really wanna let one play out and then start the other

im using Traktor Pro 2

Echo Out. Freeze delay. Urm, filter. Beatmasher then drop track. Endless!

Turn delay all the way up, just as u want to bring on next track turn fx wet up quickly and hit pause (in that order. Play will pause). That'll echo out.

Are u using a controller or scratch?

Airhorn !
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Tech Guru

echo is a good one, you will find it on youtube
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor

Fire that flanger UP
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

Depends on the genre, but usually cannot go wrong with a Dub Siren

Tech Mentor

Why is everyone being so hard? Just up the 128BPM track to the 140-150 range you currently are in, make sure you start it like 64 beats until the breakdown of both songs. Echo the faster track out just before the breakdown and pitch down the tempo to like 132 or something on the remaining track during the breakdown. Just make sure there isn't much of a beat going on in the breakdown of the song your mixing in to as it will sound a lot worse when people can actually hear the beat being slowed down

freeze delay. make sure you hit pause on the exit track. Practice timing your pause on the exit track. Sometimes it works to hit both simultaneously (play on the new track and pause on the exit track). Sometimes it's better to stagger them a bit.

Tech Mentor

could just set a loop before the 140 track runs out, then slowly bring the bpm down over 8/16bars, then drop.

I don't like dropping the bpm as it ruins the mood unless it's half or three quarters the bpm, but the only times I have done it well to a different bpm is with the pitch echo on the efx 1000 chained to a kaoss pad or kaossilator, but any synth will do. The echo will happily feedback and sustain the echo and the kaoss pad can introduce noise to build up heaps of drama in an overdriven mess of a build up, but the energy won't drop. For me making a wall of sound that is constantly rising will reset the bpm in the crowds mind. then once I'm ready to mix I cue the slower song at the first drop, press a lower beat button on the 1000 so the echo will pitch up into nothing, then drop the slower track, the hard part is getting the levels correct.

I don't think traktor would be able to pull something like that off unless you use samples to act as the synth. The sounds you need are white, sine and saw, then crush, reverb them at your leasure, unfortunately the delay in traktor probably won't be loud enough to clip so you won't get the overdriven sound you get with analog gear.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast