What mixer do I buy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What mixer do I buy?

I'm getting into the real deal vinyl from a Numark Ns7, and I'm confused as to what mixer to buy. I read great reviews on all of them, but then I read terrible reviews on all of them. Obviously, I don't want to spend a ton of money. Maybe somebody could point me in the right direction? I'll be using Scratch Live software.

Best bang for the buck IMHO is the xone 32, as long as you don't need the 4th channel, and since you are mixing vinyl I would think you don't need it. In my area they are usually listed for $350 and can be snatched up for $300. I really love mine, sounds so much nicer then my old DJM 600 and I made $300 profit by selling the DJM and buying the Xone 32. I am biased tho as that is my piece of kit. Maybe someone can offer a more objective opinion. The 32 doesn't have any on board effects other than a filter, but traktor fills that void for me.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

2 channel vs. 4 channel and what's your budget exactly?

Are you still planning on using Traktor for either effects, remix decks or decks 3 & 4?
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The OP is using Serato.

Default What mixer do I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The OP is using Serato.
    Karol's, go to bed. The mind needs rest. Btw this statement is entirely based in your reply in another thread.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Good Night

Tech Mentor

What type of music will you be playing and do you see yourself doing much scratching?
    Also as others have said need to know if you want effects on the mixer and how many channels you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The OP is using Serato.
    I just saw Scratch. My bad, but thx for staying up late to tell me I was wrong.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Guru

Personally I prefer Pio mixers. If it's just you and your decks, you might as well for the DJM -250.

I also hear great things about the Behringer DDM 4000, I played around with one once and from my brief encounter it was fantastic piece of gear considering the price. They're cheap and from what I recall it can do pretty much everything that an 850 can apart from being Traktor Certified. I know a lot of people on this forum rate them also.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Behringer DDM 4000 is a great mixer, not expensive looking but it does the job especially as its 4 channels and sells cheap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast