Launchpad vs x1 for traktor control
    Tech Convert

Default Launchpad vs x1 for traktor control

Hey guys,

I've seen some pretty cool mappings for deck, looping, and effects control for the launchpad. I'm in the market for a controller for deck control and the obvious NI choice is the x1. I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about a comparison between these two options.

Tech Wizard

Launchpad is also awesome for ableton, and if you are on a strict budget it can do both. But the X1 is a first class traktor controller plain and simple. If you are concentrating on the DJ side of things go with the X1.
    I've written a few bangers and played a few raves but have since sold out.

immon is right for full traktor integration between hardware and software the x1 is your best option but either way you could use both for djing nonetheless
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

I love my launchpad. it has sat next to my x1 since I bought my x1. it take way more of a pounding. the funny part is that my x1 is trashed. two buttons don't work and a knob is broken off already. IMO get the launchpad then get a controller with some knobs to play with later. 80 3 color buttons for only 130 is the best bang for your buck as well.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Having both as well, imo X1 is better for traktor if you're going to use the factory mapping. If you want to use custom maps I would suggest something else, perhaps the launchpad, though I would miss having any knobs for blending effects etc. F1 using some maps might be a good compromise getting you some knobs, sliders, and backlit pads.

I recommend Native Instruments Kontrol X1, as it is really easy to setup (without mapping) and use. I use two of them for three to four decks.

I can also recommend the Novation Launchkey MINI. It works with Ableton Live as Launchpad and Keyboard. Nice to play around with the iPad too.

If you only use Remix Decks in Traktor, you could probably be better off with the Launchpad or a Kontrol F1.

Cheers,
    Florian