Traktor Pro effects question

Default Traktor Pro effects question

So I've been using Torq since 2010. I got into digital dj'ing with the xponent and Torq. I love the setup, but alas - they are not supporting or developing this software anymore. I do electro house, some hard trance, ravey stuff, also dnb occasionally.

I have decided that since I got a new PC, I'm going to make the move to Traktor. I have always used two effects in Torq a lot - gater and the high-pass and low-pass filters. My question is, I tried the S4 and Traktor at guitar center recently. Of course it was not set up well and I spent most of the time trying to figure out how to set up the effects. Salesman didn't really know much about it.

Pretty simple - Are there filters in traktor than can be tweaked and set up that do the same kind of deep, musical filtering that Torq has? I'm almost certain the answer has to be 'all that and more', but I couldn't figure it out at guitar center.

Tech Mentor

There are dedicated channel filters, as well as a filter effect unit. (which is similar to Torq's, but better parameter) the only thing Traktor doesn't have, is Xfade effects, and VST hosting (torq 2.0 had both of those)
    Done DJ'ing

I'm unfamiliar with torq, but yes traktor has filters. It has a dedicated filter for each deck. Here is the 3 filter types you can choose from for these dedicated deck filters.

Ladder: The ladder filter concept is commonly associated with classic synthesizers. It offers a steep response and a lot of resonance.
    Xone: This filter is modeled after a line of DJ mixers by a British manufacturer. It has a more mellow slope and less resonance.
    Z: This is the same filter model as found in the new TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 DJ-mixer. It`s a steep filter, but it does not have as much resonance as the Ladder model.

There is also a couple of different filter effects. There is a standard filter that can be used in the effects units as well as a filter pulse and filter lfo. These 3 filter effects come in filter 92 option as well, although I don't use these so I couldn't tell you the difference, maybe someone else could elaborate.

Finally there is also a gater effect you can use. With the gater effect you can control the noise, shape, and obviously the rate. The rate can be set to 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, or 1/32

Thanks a lot guys. Clawson that really helps. I couldn't locate that stuff on the guitar center floor model setup. Very excited now.