Help Setting Up A S4 on Vista

Default Help Setting Up A S4 on Vista

New user here, very limited knowledge, so bare with me.

I've bought a Traktor Pro 2 / Kontrol S4 / Kontrol F1 package second hand which has been de-activated by the previous user. I'm currently on an old Vista laptop, and have had a nightmare trying to set it up. The previous owner has pointed me in the direction of this forum.

So far, i've been able to eventually load Traktor onto my laptop via several links from raising tickets on the NI website.

Currently, I have the following software:

Traktor version 2.0.3
    Traktor S4 control panel version 3.0.0
    Controller editor 1.4.1 (when I open this, it tells me the support is not running and that I need to update)

Right, Traktor is working fine, but only via control on the laptop. I have it wired to the S4, but the S4 when on only has the master volume control and headphones volume.

If I open the S4 control panel with the S4 switched off, it says no device connected. When I power it on, it see's the S4 connected.

Can anyone help/suggest/point me in the correct direction on how to get the controller working in sync with traktor. Please be aware that im running vista, so any new updates are no good

Thanks.

Tech Mentor

Make sure your drivers are up to date and that you are currently running the latest version of the controller editor.
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

download the latest software, driver for s4 mk 1 and controller editor. make sure you connect the power adapter and connect the usb. then download some mappings in the map page of this site. then load it up to traktor.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story