CDJ 1000 MK3 - Memory Button Fail

Default CDJ 1000 MK3 - Memory Button Fail

Dear DJTT fans,

My CDJ 1000 MK3 is acting weird and i hope someone can help me with this problem.

When i want to save a cue point on the SD card by pressing the Memory button on my CDJ, the player ejects the disc. Does somebody know how to fix this? Via software or maybe a hardware fix? Or has somebody got experience with this kind of misbehavior?

PS. i tried a different SD card but it's pure the player that is functioning weird... To make the issue more clear, i recorded the problem and put it on YouTube:

Thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

I love the "wtf" handmotion you do when it says "eject" haha.

In all honesty though, it kinda boggles my mind that it makes the player eject, something is definately wrong with that thing, might be worth contacting pioneer tech support?

maybe a broken button? it's kinda close to the eject button, might be triggering it when you push memory

Thanks for your replies.

Yeah it's really weird... sometimes it even doesn't do anything when i press it, sometimes i need to press twice to save a cue-point en when is press it three times it automatically deletes it also, as if i pressed the delete button afterwards.
    This is why i thought that it could be a software issue or something...

Anyway, first I'm going to contact Pioneer about this.

Has any liquid spilled on the player? Sometimes acid liquids (coke) can create contacts between PCB traces, and that's why sometimes some buttons trigger what they're not supposed to. Even tho they're not really close together the PCB traces might be. Your best bet is to open it up and see if there's any corrosion on the circuit board where the buttons are.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Thanks for the replies.

Pioneer can't say anything and advised me to contact a dealer for repair.

As far as i know, there has never been a spoil over them... can't harm to take a look though.

What if the circuit board that's responsible for this button needs to be replaced, which part do i need to buy then?