Help with SDJ+ableton on same laptop

Default Help with SDJ+ableton on same laptop

So, i've been playing around with my newer and older laptop. Basically my setup was this: Macbook+SDJ+DDJ-SX outs going into a Behringer UCA222 connected to another laptop, into ableton with the launchpad, and out again to the speakers.
    Now i've been toying around with the idea of doing everything with the macbook. But i just can't get this to work. Ableton recognizes the Behringer, i can select the ins and outs, but it doesn't detect any audio. Same goes for cubase. I can select the UCA, but when i try recording in an audio track, it says "can't record, ASIO driver is not connected".
    Tried creating an aggregate device, but it still isn't working.
    Can anyone help me out? Thanks
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Does the UCA work when connected on its own? ASIO drivers are for Windows, so are you running Bootcamp on the Macbook?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Does the UCA work when connected on its own? ASIO drivers are for Windows, so are you running Bootcamp on the Macbook?
    the UCA works properly. Yes i knew that, and i was surprised to see Cubase listing them as ASIO drivers. But i haven't installed anything that could bypass CoreAudio, so it must be a nomenclature retained from windows versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.