Vci-300

Thread: Vci-300

Tech Wizard

Default Vci-300

Is there any way to get ITCH to work with a different soundcard to the built-in one on the VCI? Unlike many I actually really like the large platters on the VCI and the simple GUI on ITCH but the soundcard in the VCI just doesn't have enough punch to drive a big system, so anything that helps and means that I don't have to sell the VCI and buy a DX will be much appreciated....

Put quite simply: No its not possible

This is one of the many disadvantages to the arrangement Serato has with its hardware manufactures.

Sux bad, i know - but theres nothing you can do

Tech Mentor

I find that this is not an issue with the VCI-300 sound card but an amplification issue.

Here are two real good articles that explain

http://www.serato.com/articles/scratchlive/1903

http://www.serato.com/forum/discussion/168792

Tech Wizard

if only that were true.....i was running through an allen & heath mixer with my VCI not running too hot and my friend who was using traktor through an audio 8 was noticeably crisper. maybe if you can run your vci at a very low gain and you have a sh1tload of power amps then you can get a good signal out of it but we all know that when you're playing anything less than fabric then you need to be able to turn up the gain to at least a reasonable level. as for this nonsense about the VCI being bus powered and that creating issues - well the audio 8 and the serato DVS interface are bus powered and I've never seen anyone having problems with them.....

are you able to overdrive the vci through itch setup? i know it's possible with the NS7
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

Tech Wizard

yep you can overdrive the mix with the vci-300

Tech Wizard

you can overdrive the mix but it sounds lousy. i suppose i'll wait for ean's traktor mapping and see what he's managed to do with the jogs - if he's managed to get the 300 to work well with traktor then i might buy an audio 2 or a firebox and just switch to traktor. it'll be a real shame though - as someone who used to spin vinyl i find itch much more satisfying to use.