Akai mpd26 to traktor issues

Default Akai mpd26 to traktor issues

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me out. have a seat, I have a few issues.. I bought a used MPD26 to use with traktor pro, Turns on with USB, but No lights???? Tried changing the contrast but nothing, may be doing it wrong. As i said it does turn on, yet i don't think my pc recognizes the usb for the driver, as i get no response in mapping to traktor at all, even with a custom tsi. Not sure what else to do. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Have you selected your controller at the in-port and out-port for the mapping that has been installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Have you selected your controller at the in-port and out-port for the mapping that has been installed?
    Yep, i tried. The Apd 26 doesn't appear for an option in the target controllers.. even using general midi. Its like the driver wasn't installed or something. so weird

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Any luck with other USB cable? Try this controller on some other computer and system if possible. Also dl a midi inspector program such as MIDI-OX to ensure the signals have been sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Any luck with other USB cable? Try this controller on some other computer and system if possible. Also dl a midi inspector program such as MIDI-OX to ensure the signals have been sent out.
    Ya I tried the midi ox and no response. The midi devices didn't show that a usb was connected, and no midi out appears??? This is all new to me.

ok guys, i returned the unit to the store, i in exchange i bought a mpd24 instead. IT WORKS TOO. Now i need to figure out how to map it.. ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME... thanks