Looking for dark electro
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Looking for dark electro

Hi guys

I am thinking about stretching my wings out to electro music, but most of what I've heard has been, well, way too poppy for me. I want to focus mainly on electro that is darker and edgier than the standard fare.

So yeah, anyone have any recommendations on where to start (acts, labels, blogs, etc.) that focus on darker, more sinister styles of electro? If I had access to youtube right now I'd point you are Northborne, which is an electro act I've really been digging on.

Well, what you guys have to say? Keep in mind I've only heard the really poppy stuff and it, well, bores me completely.

Werd
    J
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

What's ur email bro?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

jlhelfer [at] gmail [dot] com
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

sometimes you find very nice minimal and tech-house sounds that suit your description on Deepmixmoscow: www.deepmix.eu, depends on the day though

holla at SyblingQ (ForeverHex on our boards). That dude has some sick sick dark stuff. He prolly knows alot of the producers you looking for.

I'm into dark electro as well. I'm digging Felix Cartal quite a bit.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Nothborne is considered Dark electro? I always thought they were in the whole Industrial-techno genre with Combichrist. I think of older Skinny Puppy as Dark Electro, thus considering it a dead genre. Meh, I don't know as much about it as you may though.

Edit: Just thought about it and was wondering if you meant Electro from the 80s - early 90s or ElectroHouse aka Electro / Hard Electro?
    Last edited by Foreverhex; 10-12-2009 at 12:50 PM.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Well if I have trouble defining what genre the music is, I'll just go to last.fm or beatport and pretty much have their definition. Saves time and helpme find exactly what Im looking for.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    Nothborne is considered Dark electro? I always thought they were in the whole Industrial-techno genre with Combichrist. I think of older Skinny Puppy as Dark Electro, thus considering it a dead genre. Meh, I don't know as much about it as you may though.

Edit: Just thought about it and was wondering if you meant Electro from the 80s - early 90s or ElectroHouse aka Electro / Hard Electro?
    Northborne would def. be in industrail-techno with combichrist. I'm nor really sure what you could classify dark electro as, though. Maybe some of :wumpscut:'s stuff? Tracks from Embryodead and maybe Bosses Junges Fleisch could be dark electro, I suppose.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Quote Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
    Maybe some of :wumpscut:'s stuff? Tracks from Embryodead and maybe Bosses Junges Fleisch could be dark electro, I suppose.
    YES! Thats why I asked if he was talking about Electro (Original) or Electro House (Nick named Electro). I figure Dvls knows all about some older Electro.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast