[Deep House] GiNjA - Deep House Mix Feb 2014
    Tech Convert

Default GiNjA - Deep House Mix Feb 2014

Hi

With this mix, I've tried to take deep house and make it a more interesting for those that aren't exactly fans of the genre, whilst still trying to impress those that do enjoy it. It is a mix of Deep House, UK Bass and Fidget; most tracks are from the last month or so.

Would appreciate any feedback! Feel free to share / download / favourite etc.

Details:
    Length: 28:55
    Bitrate: 320kbps
    Genre: Deep House/UK Bass

Tracklist:
    1. Jaques Le Noir - Deep (Suburb Beat Remix)
    2. La Roux - Bulletproof (GAMPER & DADONI Remix)
    3. Disclosure feat. Mary J. Blige - F For You (Club Mix)
    4. Breakdlaw feat. The Glitchfox - Paint Me Like A French Girl (L.A. Cruz Remix)
    5. Henry Fong - Stand Up (Destructo Remix)
    6. Mercer - Turn it up (Tchami Remix)
    7. Lovebirds Feat. Stee Downes - Lovebirds - In The Shadows (Billy Kenny Remix)
    8. Tymer, Shadow Child - 23 (Zinc VIP)
    9. Endor - Be Mine
    10.Treasure Fingers & The Knocks - My Body (Intermodal Remix)
    11.My Nu Leng - Knowing (Original Mix)
    12.Emoh Instead - Why Cant You (Say So) (Benson Remix)
    13.Bart B More - Jack (Donovans Remix)
    14.Wilkinson - Too Close (feat. Detour City) [Wookie Remix]
    15.GotSome, The Get Along Gang - Bassline (feat. The Get Along Gang) (Chocolate Puma Remix)

If you enjoy it, please support me on my social media pages:
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/GiNjAza
    Twitter: twitter.com/DJ_GiNjA

Thanks!
    Last edited by GiNjA; 03-02-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Tech Convert

Moved mix over to Mixcloud as Soundcloud took it down... // Feedback is appreciated
    Last edited by GiNjA; 03-02-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Hi GINJA,

Had a listen. I think my favourite tracks are 1 & 3.

Very smooth transitions. You keep good energy throughout. I like how you had an uplifting vocal track towards the end.

The only thing I would say is that, for me, you've crammed too many tracks in your 29 minutes. You've got 15, so that averages about 2 minutes per track. Because of that it starts to sound a bit like an album sampler rather than a mix to me. Some may like that, and it may be your style.

I've got a mix on here. If you get a chance have a listen. It's a bit long, so you may not want to listen to it all

And feel free to add comments

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=79793

All the best

Tech Guru

Personally I wont be listening to the mix and I'll explain why.

15 tracks in under 29 minutes, thats too many, why try and cram so much in?

I just don't enjoy DJ's/Mixes where they don't let tracks play, ask yourself why your not playing them for longer, do they get boring two minutes in? Impatient mixing, feeling that you need to mix in the next one?

Oh and well the music just isn't up my street.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Personally I wont be listening to the mix and I'll explain why.

15 tracks in under 29 minutes, thats too many, why try and cram so much in?

I just don't enjoy DJ's/Mixes where they don't let tracks play, ask yourself why your not playing them for longer, do they get boring two minutes in? Impatient mixing, feeling that you need to mix in the next one?

Oh and well the music just isn't up my street.
    Thanks for the comment. I try keep it more interesting by keeping the mixing faster, but still smooth. I've come over from being an electro / dubstep DJ a few years ago where more aggressive mixing is necessary. My live performances are normally slightly more relaxed in terms of speed of mixing than this, but as this was kind of a planned mix I wanted to push myself a bit.

Vocals also limit where you can mix these tracks, without only mixing intro/outro style, which I don't like (well with this genre, stuff like techno and trance are a different story). I also feel I cannot tell the story I want to in my mix with just 30 minutes, which causes me to want to fit more in than I probably should and I don't like not doing something being the mixer, always want to be moving; perhaps I should focus on learning some more effect skills.

That being said, if you were to listen to the mix you will see that even though it's quick, it flows well and doesn't force the transitions.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by GiNjA; 03-03-2014 at 12:01 PM.