few traktor questions (2.6.7)
    Tech Wizard

Default few traktor questions (2.6.7)

hey guys i got a few questions before i go on tomorrow

1. how safe is recording in traktor? i got a 2.4 ghz intel macbook pro 4 gigs of ram... will that be safe to record or should it overwhelm my comp?

2. can't decide between the T3 delay and regular delay... which one is better? i use single mode with 3 parameters and t3 sounds closer to the pioneer echo

3. phase meters... they seem ok with my house and techno tracks, but are absolutely whack and out of sync in my DnB... does this happen to y'all? thinking i'll just use my ears

4. and lastly, when recording in traktor, do i use the vu meter in traktor to determine the recording gain?

thank you, it's been a while since i've used traktor live

Tech Guru

#1 . That's something that if you haven't had any issues w recording while playing before then I would say its safe. When it comes to gigs though, I personally always decide based on what's safest. Meaning if I wasn't completely confident I personally wouldn't do it, but again that's just me. Use your best judgement.

#2 That would be a personal preference.

#3 The phase meter is probably inaccurate because the beat grid isn't right. Traktor will auto beat grid most house songs accurate, but DNB it will have issues with some songs.

#4 You should use the VU meter in the recording tab in Traktor. It also has a separate gain knob to adjust your level, but obviously if you're clipping your audio its not going to unclip it. It's just going to make whatever audio you're putting out louder or softer in the recording

Tech Wizard

thanks a lot dude!