Bx8 or sdj80x or krk rokit 8

Default Bx8 or sdj80x or krk rokit 8

Hi I've read lots of people's comments but no one gives a definitive answer.

I don't produce so I want some monitors to practice my sets with traktor before work and use ableton for just messing about with.

The price for the m audio bx8 are £250 for a pair, however the krk and pioneers are £400 for the pair.

For what I need will the m audios be fine, seeing as I can save £150?

They will be used in my loft, nothing loud, but also maybe used in the front room for some back ground music if a few people come over during the World Cup.

I don't mind spending the extra on the pioneers or krk if they are worth the extra.

Thanks for any help.

have krk rokit 8s and they are AMAZING!!! paid $500 for the pair but was so worth it...i even bring them with me on mobile gigs and use them as my monitors there as well and they work perfect...

Tech Guru

The BX8s should work fine. Rokits and the equivalent from Pioneer are overpriced for what you get - basically an active hi-fi speaker.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Thanks for your reply. I'll probably go with the bx8 because of the price and maybe upgrade my new kontrol x1.

Also check out the Behringer active ones, not my favourite brand to say the least but I heard good things about these.

Ps. KRK Rokit is/always been hyped, this serie looks nice but sounds awfull (depending expectations)... VXT and up is where KRK shines

Don't even get me started about the pioneer ones
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama View Post
    Also check out the Behringer active ones, not my favourite brand to say the least but I heard good things about these.

Ps. KRK Rokit is/always been hyped, this serie looks nice but sounds awfull (depending expectations)... VXT and up is where KRK shines

Don't even get me started about the pioneer ones
    I don't want flat monitors really as I said it's just to practise mixing on, not production. So if they are a bit bassy or exaggerated a bit it doesn't matter,
    I'll have a look at those, thanks.