Does Virtual DJ edit the meta data of tracks.

Default Does Virtual DJ edit the meta data of tracks.

Hey all

Still have this video thing in my head, and for one of my pay the bills top40 nights thinking of downloading Virtual DJ and playing about with it a bit see if its something i wanna investigate more.

Obviously though not every some i play will have a video so will also be throwing in some just audio here and there, and just wanna check i'm not gonna mess everything up.

Trackor, as we all know, writes info into the metadata of mp3's with cue points and grids and the like, and my question is does VDJ also do this?

And if so, are they going to be writing competing data or interfering with each other in any way.

Obviously trackor will still be my bread and butter and dont wanna mess up all my audio collection while doing this little experiment.

k

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I dont know what VDJ does but it cant write into the chunks that Traktor writes as they are Proprietary and other software cant/shouldnt access it.

You can use the same Collection with Serato and Traktor so i see no reason that using VDJ will be any different.

Karlos

Tech Wizard

I just switch to traktor from virtual dj and i have to be honest i miss vdj

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Why dont you go back to VDJ then ? I wouldnt use software i didnt like.

Just sayin'

Karlos