Burn Residency

Thread: Burn Residency

Tech Mentor

Default Burn Residency

Just a question about the competition Burn Residency. It said you have 8 days left to upload your mix. Right ok but they only take notice of the ones who loads of "likes" after in 8 days time it isnt gunna be in the hundreds or thousands. SO does it stay on for a while to let people listen to it or do i have to get as many likes as i can in 8 days hahaha?

Macco

its a popularity contest. so get as many as you can in 8 days.
    After that it will still be there, most likely with a message stating "Contest closed"
    but who will bother listening to the audio?

Tech Guru

they should be looking for people with star qualities, that can dj cause the last people that have won, i have not heard anything from them

Quote Originally Posted by enorjy View Post
    they should be looking for people with star qualities, that can dj cause the last people that have won, i have not heard anything from them
    Quote Originally Posted by enorjy View Post
    like i said, this is a popularity contest
    they arent stupid. You are going to get the gig because for the most part, a LOT of people are going to come to the appearance and before they even get there, all those "votes" you attain are going to further popularize what Burn has put together.

Baiscally, they pay less for marketing that they are getting from you for free.

and a second point....
    if they were going to sit there and listen to "the best mix" well that wouldnt be their position.
    In fact there is person who does that.... its called a Talent Scout, and that person is someone YOU are going to pay form

Tech Mentor

just buy plays like half of the contestants probably did if you want a shot at winning

Tech Guru

last year, majority of the people that got picked weren't big, some didn't even have more than 50 plays on their mix cloud. This year tho, I think antifm is saying might be true cause they been pushing this a lot, to the point we dj techttols and other dis are writing articles on how to "win" this