Ddm4000 midi control

Default Ddm4000 midi control

I have a house party coming up and wanted to use my DDM4000 with my laptop (PC) as I normally mix vinyl

The question is if I use the DDM4000 with a 'USB to MIDI lead' will I be able to mix externally (EQ, Crossfader etc) but control Pause / play and Traktor Pro effects with MIDI.

and when using MIDI will I be able to output the sound from the MASTER OUT of the mixer or do I need a soundcard from my laptop to output the music?

P.S apologies pretty new to MIDI stuff and yes I have read the forums on this but got a bit confused by it all

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jacksoe12 View Post
    The question is if I use the DDM4000 with a 'USB to MIDI lead' will I be able to mix externally (EQ, Crossfader etc) but control Pause / play and Traktor Pro effects with MIDI.
    Yes, using MIDI has no effect on mixing.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksoe12 View Post
    and when using MIDI will I be able to output the sound from the MASTER OUT of the mixer or do I need a soundcard from my laptop to output the music?
    You need a sound card to get the audio from the computer to the mixer. MIDI does not carry audio.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

ok thanks for the reply