Fixing my studio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Fixing my studio

this has been driving me crazy .

i have a pioneer djm400 mixer , 2 cdj mk3 1000 turntables , a computer , a behringer uca202 external audio interface and 2 american audio PXI 15p sound system with build in amp . i want to be able to connect my mixer and cdjs to my computer to use my serato program ... what cables do i need and how can i connect them ? i am not very reliable with all the input output talks but i can try to work it out if someone has a proper incision about how this could become possible . thank you

Tech Mentor

Run the cdjs into the serato interface (sl1 or sl3), then run the serato outs into the mixer, then run the outputs of the mixer into your interface, then interface into the computer. Oh and have the serato interface connected to the comp as well (duh!).

Tech Convert

so im guessing the problem was not having the serato interface ? cuz what i had in mind is that the audio interface would cover that part and do the job ... so if i purchase the serato interface it would solve the sit ?

Tech Mentor

If you want to run Serato, you have to use their interface, and actually after reading my post i have it wrong (sorry its 4am over here) it would just be:

cdj>>serato interface>>mixer>>speakers

and the serato interface would be connected to your laptop via usb as well

Tech Convert

sorry but i have to elaborate your reply and correct me if i went wrong by it .

connect my cdj to my serato interface > serato's output to my mixer's in > mixer's output to my interface's input and through usb to my computer ? ... should i keep my speakers linked directly to my mixer or ?

Tech Convert

and since i dont have the serato interface at the present time , is there any other program that i can use other then serato or traktor that doesnt need their own interface to work ? meaning connecting them through my m-audio ?

Tech Mentor

you can use traktor with any interface

Tech Convert

thanks a mill bud

Tech Mentor

np, glad i could help out

it is important to note that if you want to use your cdjs while mixing on your computer, your going to need a specific sound card for your dj program, the audio 8 or the audio 4 for traktor or the serator sl box for serato or there are some others for other programs. the sound card you have mentioned will only work for internal mixing, and on top of that, it will not even allow you to cue with headphones, since it only has one set of outputs. best advice i can give you is to do away with that soundcard altogether, as it is not really meant for a dj soundcard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast