Fixing my studio - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

figures , arent sl 1 or sl 3 kind of expensive tho ? reaching 699 $ ? at least thats what i read online , plus in my country its probably that price *3 ^^ ... makes sense specially that my interface didnt even come with its installer even , guess ill put it with the rest of the junk "i thought i could use" ... does traktor / serato interface comes with their own installers ? meaning if installed will it automaticly take a read on my equipments and be set as default players ?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you install the Audio8DJ, you need to hook up your players and use their timecode CDs and, in theory, it should work. I believe there have been issues with certain players, but I haven't used timecode in a LONG time, and never CDs.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

i'm guessing with what i have it wouldnt be a problem since i have the all famous mk3s which in my opinion are the most respected kind of cd players that ever hit the market...adjustments are always necessary for any hook ups but eventually they'll get going. once this is done any empty cd in each deck would do the job or does the sl packages come with their own specific modified cds ?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Both Traktor and Serato need their specific time code CDs that come with the package, or you can buy them separately, but for Serato you need their SL interface, aand for Traktor you need the Audio4 or 8
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

There are programs out there that dont require a dedicated interface - Deckadance is a good example.

Tech Wizard

djdecks (djdecks.be) doesn't require it's own soundcard. I ran it as a dvs for a couple of years using a u46dj soundcard.
    also has a fully working demo, limited to 30 mins per session.
    honestly if I was just after a dvs, i'd still be using it over serato or traktor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12