Request: Presonus Firebox Vs Firestudio Mobile
    Tech Guru

Default Request: Presonus Firebox Vs Firestudio Mobile

Hi ppl,

Since we have a lot of people that uses Presonus Firebox as a Audio Interface I think that is interesting if we could have a Comparison Review of Firebox Vs Firestudio Mobile.

What's the difference between them?
    Is the Bentosan's tutorial still the same with the FS Mobile version?

Thanks in advance,
    hoff

There's an interesting discussion of the FS Mobile here. Seems it has some rather nice DA/AD convertors with a lot of dynamic range, and the price is the same as the FireBox. I have yet to purchase my audio interface, but I was leaning towards the Firebox based on what I have read (and wanting firewire rather than USB).
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Tech Guru

Any news about this interface?
    I've been hearing that it has some problems and for somepeople that upgrade from firebox, the firestudio mobile have been worse than the previous one from Presonus...
    Someone alredy bought one?

Pretty new, my local Apple reseller who is also a Pro Audio dealer has not got any yet, though I have seen prices posted on other local music store sites. Problems with upgrades often stem from an incomplete or failed uninstall leaving stuff behind.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Any news about this interface?
    I've been hearing that it has some problems and for somepeople that upgrade from firebox, the firestudio mobile have been worse than the previous one from Presonus...
    Someone alredy bought one?
    Where are you hearing this from? It seems many people are just praising it; and even saying it's as good as if not better than motu ultralite. I personally didn't like Motu's driver support and software, but sound quality alone is seriously a feat in itself; especially at the $300 price!
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Tech Student

Hi! Thanks for the information. I was really looking for the comparisons of this product. I hope that you could post updates on these ones again as I am really working out on a lot product comparisons. Thanks.