Replacement Faders/ Tone Arms

Default Replacement Faders/ Tone Arms

Hello!
    I have had my djm 700 mixer and technics 1200 turntables for quite a while now and am noticing some problems. Both were bought at a very cheap price used. I am therefore looking for 4 replacement faders and 1 replacement crossfader for the djm and 2 replacement tonearms. As I want this to be a learning experience I want to replace all the parts myself and so i have some questions. I have seen some people saying that there is a difference between the 1 and 4 channel faders and the 2 and 3 channel faders on the djm 700. If so could someone explain these to me? I also would love some advice for the best place to go to get good quality fader and tone arm replacements at a cheap price. Also as an aside I would like to know how much soldering is required for both replacements? I hail from Canada but I am able to drive to the states if need be to pick up my order.
    Thanks for the info!

Tech Guru

If you buy the fader without the PCB and solder it yourself, there's no difference between the channels. 1 and 3 have a different PCB to 2 and 4.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    If you buy the fader without the PCB and solder it yourself, there's no difference between the channels. 1 and 3 have a different PCB to 2 and 4.
    Something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-PIO...item484b95e048

Also how much soldering is actually required? TBH i've soldered something like once in my life haha

Tech Guru

That looks right. The pins on each end of the fader need to be desoldered for the old fader, then soldered for the new one. There should be plenty of tutorials up on Youtube.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    That looks right. The pins on each end of the fader need to be desoldered for the old fader, then soldered for the new one. There should be plenty of tutorials up on Youtube.
    ok thanks! and i should be able to do the same with the crossfader part?

also just wondering if its worth buying an innofader crossfader. My crossfader now bleeds like mad.