NI Audio 4/Traktor Scratch Pro 2 bit rate recording problem

Default NI Audio 4/Traktor Scratch Pro 2 bit rate recording problem

Hi, i searched the forums but could not find out anything on my problem hence the post. It is my first thread so I hope to find out a lot on here

I am about to embark on recording my vinyl to digital and was considering using TSP2 to record using my Audio 4 interface. My setup is Turntable into Audio 4 and Audio 4 into laptop (via USB). I have configured everything to be setup correctly in TSP2 but want to get 24 bit 96khz recordings however I notice it only records it as 16 bit and I can see nowhere in the preferences section how it can be changed to record as 24 bit.

I have looked in the Control Panel of the Audio 4 settings but it is only possible to change the sample rate not the bit rate.

Does anyone know if it possible to change the bit rate because the Audio 4 is meant to be able to produce 24 bit. Perhaps 24 bit is only for playing out songs and for recording the best it can give is 16 bit?

I could try my laptop soundcard to record instead but that too is 16bit and thought the Audio 4 would give me better quality which is why I am keen to find out more on the problem I mention above.

I found out the answer from NI so thought it useful i share with the rest who may be in a similar position or is thinking about it.

Traktor Scratch Pro does not support recording at 24 bit but 16 bit only. So all it means is to use another recording software like Audacity that does support 24 bit recording

Tech Guru

You can record from the Audio 4 using other software like Audacity if you want more control over quality.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB