Show Report: Excision.....How far can music get??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Show Report: Excision.....How far can music get??

So my buds dragged me to go see to go see this dubstep producer on Friday, his name is Excision.
    I'm sure some of you have heard of him. He guarantees 150,000 Watts or more at his shows.

I really just wanted to see the opening acts....

9:30 we get there, the opening act is "ill.gates". Wow i must say it was terrific!!! He was rocking some simple vestax dual deck controller, then triggering his drum racks with a midifighter 3d, and he also had a midifighter twister. Really sick setup, and he was playing SO much LIVE music.

10:30 Next act was "Dirtyphonics" an electro house and bass duo, who was all about the crazyness. They were playing on the traditional 4 cdj's they're set was alot of fun, they were spining some pretty hard tunes, they had alot of stage presence and energy. Spraying us with water guns, jumping into the crowd, throwing cds and tshirts and stuff. Had alot of fun with these guys, and after they're set was done they came down into the crowd to party with us.

12:00 Last was "Excision", i knew this was gonna be rough, but i had a rude awakening in store. The music was just more a collection of robot sounds and bass waves. I was in the very front row up against the barrier. Wow the crowd was really moshing and the sound was mindnumbing. Now i have been to sankeys ibiza, and that was loud (supposedly the loudest club in the world) but this was at least twice as loud. I heard reports from a friend who is a front of house guy at the venue, that at times they were pushing 145 to 155 DB. Which is just mental..... i felt the bass shaking my internal organs..... WTF I was 85% hearing loss on saturday and sunday. Its just coming back today.

I feel like an old man, around all these young crazy ravers....

Needless to say, im a guy who is most happy spinning some Michael Jackson in a hole in the wall club somewhere. haha

I dont think I would ever go to a "dubstep show" ever again, it's just a rough breed of ravers there, that dont know how bad they're hurting themselves.

Tech Guru

BOMMMMMMMmmmm, WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, WOM WOM WOM WOM
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Some better excision...

Brostep is the death metal of electronic music. Its defiantly not for most.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I heard reports from a friend who is a front of house guy at the venue, that at times they were pushing 145 to 155 DB
    However I somehow doubt it was 145+ but whoever was the engineer was a complete Idiot for allowing anything near those kind of SPL's in the first place (and probably breaking a few state laws into the bargain).

In my youth I never paid much heed to wearing earplugs despite spending 5 nights a week less than a foot away from the Main DJ Monitor. It wasn't till a certain Joey B. (who shall remain un-named) blew the bloody thing in my ear that I realized I'm not going to have hearing for much longer and started wearing plugs or even some tissue balls in a pinch to attenuate the sound (unless Im playing).

Hope you recover your senses without any damage dude.

Everyone else - Watch: "Its all gone Pete Tong"

Theres enough deaf DJ's already (as is evident from the beatport top100)

Brostep is the death metal of electronic music
    Just sounds like Fluffy, Emo, Girly, Slow D&B to me
    Last edited by deevey; 03-10-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Tech Mentor

Lol, Go see a My Bloody Valentine live show - took me nearly a week for my hearing to return to normal.

No I wouldn't doubt if it was really that loud, I shoot guns every week, and I know the feeling in my inner ear from an unprotected gunshot....(yes I do use plugs) and this show was like a 2 hour nonstop gunshot.

Tech Guru

I hate brostep with a passion, but I do admit Existence VIP is quite the tune.

Glad to see ill.Gates getting some recognition around here.

2 of my favourite ill.Gates tracks:

He also had some truly awesome breaks tracks as The Phat Conductor:

http://www.beatport.com/release/home-skool/90113

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    I hate brostep with a passion, but I do admit Existence VIP is quite the tune.
    Exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    ... I know the feeling in my inner ear from an unprotected gunshot....
    How are you still alive!?
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post

How are you still alive!?
    you know what i mean..... the sound

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast