New speakers or a subwoofer to my DJ setup

Default New speakers or a subwoofer to my DJ setup

Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but I didn't know where to post it otherwise.
    So I'm about to make a new dj bench, and realized that I'm going to need another pair of speakers. I'm currently on my desk in front of my computer with a pair of Hi-Fi speakers. And I obviously can't carry those all the time. So the question is do I:

A. Use my previous speakers (Hi-Fi as well, biggest issue is lack of bass) and get a subwoofer, which I could use for my current speakers as well, and hook it up to my DJ bench when I'm going to mix.
    or

B. Get new speakers and completely ignore the old speakers. I've been thinking about Pioneer S DJ 50 or 60-X, are the 50s good enough, or should I save up for the 60X? Will they have enough bass for a guy that place bigroom, electro house/progressive house?

Doing it the second way I wouldn't have to move anything but I wouldn't get more bass for my other ones. So I need some advice here!

Tech Guru

Why does being able to carry your speakers matter? Are you looking to build a mobile DJ setup?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

In a small room I prefer studio monitor speakers, 5 inch will have enough bass if you're right in front of them (you could add a sub if not sufficient).

In a medium room I prefer quality hifi speakers. (you could add a sub if not sufficient)

In a big room... pa speakers!

bigger the better!

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Why does being able to carry your speakers matter? Are you looking to build a mobile DJ setup?
    I'm just looking for a home/studio setup. Being able to carry speakers matters if I get a subwoofer, since those would boost the bass on my current hi fi speakers I use with my laptop. If I were to get the pioneers, carrying wouldn't matter at all, which is why I'm thinking about those.

Tech Convert

Default yamaha hs8

you will love and keep these forever awesome sound and bass. http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music...s8/?mode=model