Help with Traktor Pro and vci with 1.1fw
    Tech Mentor

Default Help with Traktor Pro and vci with 1.1fw

After importing my playlists from Virtual Dj to Itunes i am able to try and start using traktor pro...or so i thought.

1.I have tried a few tsi's and I cant seem to get effects working although vdj6 has them working.

2.Sync button does not work on vci i have to click it with mouse when i want to use it.

3.When I set cues with beatgrids I assumed when i loaded the track in whichever deck in traktor that by me then hitting cue button on the vci then it would go from there?But it dont really do that unless i click the cue on the screen with the mouse.(then it works on the vci)

I'm deffo moving forward since last friday when the vci-100 arrived but a little bit of help and I might be ok

I must have wached the beat grid vid by Ean 10 times.(seems to be ok with me now)
    MBP i7. Denon MC4000. Traktor Scratch A6. DDJ SX Serato DJ.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

1) The custom TSI's are all different in their management of effects in Traktor. I don't know how the default effect management works with the Vestax TSI but it's definitely something you're going to have to customize to work with your workflow.

2) This could be a number of things. Do you have a Sync command in your TSI? Is it set to Toggle or Hold, is it the correct Sync (I believe it's Tempo Sync)?

3) You need to read how the Cue button works in Traktor. This is slightly confusing. What hitting the cue/pause or cue/play button does is take you to the active cue, not the first cue point. You need to make hotkey commands, which you can set with your keyboard, if need be, to make it jump to the cue point you want.

The biggest thing I can say to do is really read the manual. I know Ean's tutorials are helpful, but a lot of information is in there that isn't in any videos online.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Cheers for that, I never ever thought I'd use effects that much but I'm now converted, there is one on virtual dj that is ace and i am trying to get it on traktor its kinda a beat mashing thing but not like the beat masher on traktor.

Just waiting for the fw kit to arrive and i'll know if it's a traktor problem or a vci realated issue.
    MBP i7. Denon MC4000. Traktor Scratch A6. DDJ SX Serato DJ.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'm almost definite it's a TSI thing. You just need the TSI to be programmed correctly for your VCI and what you want.

Check out the Beatslicer, and play with the settings for the Beatmasher. It's a sensitive thing to get it to work exactly how you want, but once you get it you're golden (just hit the little camera to save the default)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall