Why must I keep analyzing tracks in Traktor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Schalenberg

Default Why must I keep analyzing tracks in Traktor?

Finally decided to beatgrid my library. I'm a recent Traktor user kinda sorta. Like I said, just beatgridding tracks in the software atm. When I open my Traktor library, the same tracks need to be analyzed and gridded each time, even after I lock the grid in. I'm not creating playlists in Traktor, just opening my music folder where all my tracks are kept on my desktop. Any way around this?

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    Any way around this?
    yes. i dont have Traktor in front of me right now so forgive my stupid simple description:

Go to your Traktor Settings and youll find one area that says "Analyze songs"
    probably gives you the options of
    ON DECK LOAD
    DO NOT ANALYZE
    ON OPENING TRAKTOR

stuff like that
    obviously you just want traktor to SCAN your music folders (which i do) each time you open it.
    But set it ONLY to analyze songs when loaded into a deck if they werent analyzed already... there is a setting for that.

Tech Mentor

sorry for my stupidity but how does one beatgrid tracks and what is the point?
    should I do this?

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    yes. i dont have Traktor in front of me right now so forgive my stupid simple description:
    I haven't tried this yet so forgive me if your solution solves my problem. When I load the few problematic tracks I have and they get analyzed, when I close and reopen Traktor I have to load those same tracks again; however, only the waveforms are being displayed. BPM pops up in the waveform window, but not in the library of songs. BPM and beatgrid information disappear once I close and reopen Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by bisco View Post
    sorry for my stupidity but how does one beatgrid tracks and what is the point?
    should I do this?
    Beatgridding is the process of ensuring that Traktor (or whatever software you're using) has correctly analyzed the tracks - that the beat grid matches up with the drums throughout the whole song exactly in your songs. There are a number of videos on this site that explain how to do it. You should probably do it especially if you use sync or use software effects since sync "synchronizes" based on the beat grid and many effects are based on the song's BPM. Traktor's usually pretty good about it, but I've noticed a few songs where it slips and the older stuff can be a really rough analysis on Traktor's part. It's even more important for music with live drummers or older electronic music where the rhythm may not be exactly timed throughout the song. I don't bother anymore because I use only DVS and my external mixer's effects. Even so, I probably should still do this in case I wind up spinning any of my digital tracks on someone else's setup.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    I haven't tried this yet so forgive me if your solution solves my problem. When I load the few problematic tracks I have and they get analyzed, when I close and reopen Traktor I have to load those same tracks again; however, only the waveforms are being displayed. BPM pops up in the waveform window, but not in the library of songs. BPM and beatgrid information disappear once I close and reopen Traktor.
    Try right clicking on "collection" and choose to save it (I think, or something like that, don't have laptop open) ... Then try and close and re-open.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    Try right clicking on "collection" and choose to save it (I think, or something like that, don't have laptop open) ... Then try and close and re-open.
    Gonna try this when I get home. Thanks dude!

have you checked if those tracks are .wav? those files can't store beatgrids/bpm etc. that is why traktor is always trying to analyze them. maybe this helps.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Beatgridding is the process of ensuring that Traktor (or whatever software you're using) has correctly analyzed the tracks - that the beat grid matches up with the drums throughout the whole song exactly in your songs. There are a number of videos on this site that explain how to do it. You should probably do it especially if you use sync or use software effects since sync "synchronizes" based on the beat grid and many effects are based on the song's BPM. Traktor's usually pretty good about it, but I've noticed a few songs where it slips and the older stuff can be a really rough analysis on Traktor's part. It's even more important for music with live drummers or older electronic music where the rhythm may not be exactly timed throughout the song. I don't bother anymore because I use only DVS and my external mixer's effects. Even so, I probably should still do this in case I wind up spinning any of my digital tracks on someone else's setup.
    I've been finding recently that I've got a whole bunch of tracks that are just easier to mix if i don't bother beat gridding them. Also found another bunch of tracks that were fine when they were beargridded a while ago but seem to have got totally screwed up in aone of the updates over the last year.

As much as I like Traktor, and I do, I really really really hate beatgridding.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    have you checked if those tracks are .wav? those files can't store beatgrids/bpm etc. that is why traktor is always trying to analyze them. maybe this helps.
    Really? I've got plenty of WAVs which are fine. I know it has problems with keygroup information, and art tags, but beatgrids and bpm are just as solid on wavs for me as FLACS and MP3s.

The only problem I've ever had with WAVs was when Traktor would lovingly delete random WAVs off my computer. That was a while ago though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast