Gig @ an Audi Dealership
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gig @ an Audi Dealership

My boss hired me to do a gig at the dealership this weekend, there having an "Octoberfest" party was wondering if I could dj outside from 10 - 5.. He said play basically top 40 and some trance when he is walking by lol. How much should I charge for something like this I've never done a gig outside of a club before, usually I charge around $100 an hour.. but only spin in clubs for 2 hours. Is $500 to much?

by the way, where can i find top 40 songs?

Tech Mentor

If you normally charge 100 bucks an hour, 500 for 7 hours is a little light, don't you think? Its an audi dealership; they can afford it.

Can't help you on the top 40 songs, though. Maybe amazon.com? I'm not familiar with their music quality, but they'll definately have the tracks.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

it's an Audi dealership! Jeremy Clarkson compared current Audi drivers to BMW drivers of just a few years ago. They're the snobby ones always wearing bluetooth earpieces and gawdy sunglasses indoors and at night.
    Heck i was at a bmw dealer last saturday to test drive a mini cooper s. Initially they were fine with me since i had a nice polo tucked into my pants. But my friend, who happen to come along was wearing his usual weekend t-shirt and jeans. When i asked if he could drive to get his opinion they told me "these cars are not toys, we don't let anybody just drive them for fun". I was disgusted with what was said and the salesman followed us out and quickly saw my friend's freshly detailed Legacy GT spec-b. the salesman immediately noted what he just stated, and replied "we're required to discourage so we only get serious buyers." Right... I'm still buying a GTI over it btw.

I got the strangest feeling the Audi dealer is gonna act similar. They can afford $500. Just be firm with them..

ps i know the gti and audi a3 are almost the same. i also would own an audi if given the chance.
    Last edited by chex; 10-14-2009 at 02:30 PM.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

$100/hour is what i charge also. Top40 is your typical mainstream stuff. That's what I spin all day. Check billboard charts for current bangers.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

mymp3pool.com is $20 a month unlimited 320kbps downloads. I use it alot. All types of ill shit..haha. Esp. Top 40.

Check our radio station webpage for the Top40 remixes we play
    http://www.hollywoodhamiltononline.c...es/4818722.php

Alright sounds good, ill go for 500, that mymp3pool.com sounds dope, ill check it out.

where's mywavpool.com
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    where's mywavpool.com

Yeah.....i am also not totally happy playing Mp3's....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

where can i find some more top 40 songs!

anyone have any to recommend?

Their track list really made for some interesting reading... thx for the link Minus the total mainstream stuff that's shoved down everybody's throat worldwide, there are quite a few tracks I've never heard here.

Quote Originally Posted by BodegaBrad View Post
    mymp3pool.com is $20 a month unlimited 320kbps downloads. I use it alot. All types of ill shit..haha. Esp. Top 40.

Check our radio station webpage for the Top40 remixes we play
    http://www.hollywoodhamiltononline.c...es/4818722.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast