Hi,

I'm new to DJing, and this forum. Just wanted to tell about myself and my first gig ever

I started DJing at home a year ago, but I had to sell my equipment due to different reasons. Got a Mixtrack Pro 2 controller a few weeks ago, and have been practicing a few hours a day since. Recorded some sets, just to see how my beatmatching and mixing in key was. I'm slowly improving and enjoying it very much!

About the gig, its a bit funny story. A friend in my town just started a new club/bar (small venue, 150-200 people I think the capacity is), and we've talked a bit about me DJing there when my skills improved. But, I was just stopping by tonight to see how it went, they opened a week ago. First question I get is if I want to play tonight. He didn't have a DJ for tonight, because he didn't think there would be much people out (very small town here in Norway). But as the clock where aproching midnight, he needed a bit better atmosphere and music.

So, I jumped in without much planning (luckily I had a decent set at hand in Traktor), and played a 2hour gig. The crowd and manager was happy, and he wants me to play again. Maybe I'll even land a permanent job DJing there in between the other DJs playing. I'm super excited and enjoyed the gig really much! A bit high on life right now, didn't think I would land this so soon. And the mixing went much better tonight than it has done at home. I realized that at home I overthink too much, but live I got a better feel for the music and didn't think to much, just enjoyed the energy!

Just wanted to share this with you guys!