Switching to Timecode worth it/useful?

Default Switching to Timecode worth it/useful?

Hi!

At the moment I am using Traktor Pro 2 with a Reloop Mixage, Traktor Kontrol X1 & an Akai LPD8. Since I always have to bring my own gear when I want to DJ somewhere (and I don't own a car), I am thinking of buying Timecode.

If I were to use timecode I would be able to hook my laptop up to the clubs cdj's/mixer right? Then I would just have to take my laptop, soundcard, Timecode cd's & cables with me. And would it be possible to use my Kontrol X1 in combination with the timecode setup, since that works with traktor?

Also if I want to practice at home will I have to buy an external mixer, I won't be able to use my Mixage because that is internal?

If it is possible do you have any recommendations for hardware?
    I have searched the internet for answers, but I couldn't find clear answers to some of these questions.

Thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentvjh View Post
    If I were to use timecode I would be able to hook my laptop up to the clubs cdj's/mixer right? Then I would just have to take my laptop, soundcard, Timecode cd's & cables with me. And would it be possible to use my Kontrol X1 in combination with the timecode setup, since that works with traktor?
    Yes, yes & yes, absolutely. If you're serious about playing in clubs, go for it.