Which is Better VCI100 or 300?
    Tech Wizard

Default Which is Better VCI100 or 300?

Im looking into getting a midi controller. Im torn between the Vestax VCI100 SE from DJTechTools or the VCI300. They both end up coming out to about the same price. Is one actually better than the other besides software preference? I like the syncing on Traktor Pro and hope that Itch will be just as easy to sync. Are the buttons on both units rubber or hard plastic? I just bought a Denon 4500 and hated it so i sent it back. The rubber didnt have a good feeling. What is everyones opinion on these Vestax controllers? My purchase will definately be one of those two.

Thanks for your replies

Tech Mentor

I've not been on a VCI 300, but have a VCI 100 (soon to be modded with arcade buttons, & 2 extra faders ). Like most will say, it depends on your preference of software, If you like Traktor (And know your way around it) Then I'd go for the VCI 100 SE Traktor Pro & a decent sound card. The way I see it is the 100 has more room to throw in your own creativity... I was in the same situation as you a few months back - Decided on the 100 If you do get a 100 though GET A MAC! I had major problems running it on windows (Midi Bug).

This is just my input, I'm sure they'll be alot more people on here that can give you better/detailed advice.

Cutta

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CuttaBoi View Post
    I've not been on a VCI 300, but have a VCI 100 (soon to be modded with arcade buttons, & 2 extra faders ). Like most will say, it depends on your preference of software, If you like Traktor (And know your way around it) Then I'd go for the VCI 100 SE Traktor Pro & a decent sound card. The way I see it is the 100 has more room to throw in your own creativity... I was in the same situation as you a few months back - Decided on the 100 If you do get a 100 though GET A MAC! I had major problems running it on windows (Midi Bug).

This is just my input, I'm sure they'll be alot more people on here that can give you better/detailed advice.

Cutta
    with windows7 out next week, a pc is again a full on option. ive been running windows 7 for 6 months. zero issues.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Wizard

Ive been using a mac for years. Got tired of the blue screen of death and all the other issues that come with PC's.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

There's a nice article on djtt covering that topic:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/10/0...100-vs-vci-300

I'm owner of a VCI-100 and am exciting to get a VCI-300 today in my favourite musicstore.

So I will soon pop a personal comparison in my blog

Screw that a "get a mac" talk. Although they are indeed better for DJs it's far from being necessary. Despite that CuttaBoi's points seem to be very good.

You need to know what you want.

Ever considered using Itch instead of Traktor?
    Although I'm a big Traktor-fan I'm also excited to try beloved Itch.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

I think they're both targeted towards different markets. VCI-100/Traktor more towards EDM and VCI-300/Itch towards top40/hip-hop/scratch DJs. I had a VCI-100, but as a top40 DJ, I hardly ever used the effects section. I moved to a NS7 with Itch and haven't really looked back.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help