Speaker help

Thread: Speaker help

Tech Guru

Default Speaker help

Hey guys so I just got a pair of Gemini Gx-1001 powered speakers brand new from ebay. One speaker works great and then the other one has nothing coming out of it at all. I've checked all the inputs on the back and no sound comes from any of them. I was just wondering if anyone here has had any previous experience and recommends just doing a quick take apart myself to see if anything looks fishy.

can you describe your routing?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

What do you mean by that? The speaker is wired with RCA's going in to the back of my mixer. Also the other one in the pair works just fine with the same wire setup.

Tech Guru

hook up another source like an ipod to it and see if another source works just fine. if it doesnt, bad speakers. if it does work ok, then its something else.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Guru

FIXED! I took apart the 2 and compared the working and non working one. I realized the one cable had a loose solder connection. As I'm not skilled in that at the moment I did a temporary fix, electrical tape. I was surprised to find no "warranty void if sticker removed" label anywhere. I could tear the thing apart with no proof that I ever took it apart.