Having a strange problem with my mixer..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Having a strange problem with my mixer..

So i'm not sure if my mixer has somehow broke or something but,

All of sudden, the volume of everything I play through it has really decreased... Traktor, vinyl, when I hook my iPhone up to a channel via Aux lead, (this was the worse), I had phone volume up, actually had the channel fader all the way up, had the channel level knob/gain on like 3/4 o'clock, and the master volume knob on about 3'oclock. And it wasn't loud.. yeah, too loud to play at 1am, but no where near as loud as it should be for the knobs that high...

For DJing with Traktor, I have to put the Xone 92 master volume knob (I'm using Mix 1) on about 2/3o'clock, and the channel gain knobs on anything from 1 to 4o'clock.. Again, I never used to have them up this high. This is also with each of the channels low, mid and high EQ knobs turned up past 12, which I don't normally have, unless it's a bad quality track.

I normally have all knobs on 12o'clock, to 2o'clock, and thats LOUD. So what has happened... I've played all different types of audio, youtube, itunes, traktor, it's just all of a sudden become 'not as loud'...!?

I have A&H Xone 92 mixer
    KRK Rokit 8 monitors, which run from Master out 1 via XLR, to my monitors TRS inputs.

1. I'm thinking it could either be, I need new leads, like phono cables for traktor.

2. Need new speaker cables... But its funny how both would just brake, as the volume level is the same from both monitors.

3. My mixer has bloody broken... Which i don't understand how a mixer could break, and just become quieter all of a sudden...

I have checked monitor volume knob, all same...
    Thoroughly looked over my mixer, all knobs are just how i normally have them..
    Swapped a couple of RCA cables, like the one i use to record, with channel.deck A for example.. Still same...
    I've tried playing records from my TT's, quite anyway... but even more so....

I'm worried, confused, and don't know what to do people... Any help would be nice. Maybe I could buy a whole new set of cables completely, but I can't really afford atm to do that, and have that not even be the problem...

Thanks. If you need to know any more, just let me know
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Apologies for suggesting something obvious (I did this exact same thing before...) but does that 92 have a mic talkover/ducking switch? Something that lowers the master output whilst you talk on the mic.

I only say this as I had a similar thing happen about 12 years ago on an old Phonic mixer- I had brought it second-hand anyway and was on the verge of throwing it out when I discovered the mic talk-over switch was engaged and causing the massive volume drop- this was very early into my DJ days I might add!

Fingers crossed it is something simple.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Hey man,

Well, yes it does have a MIC duck switch, but... I am using the MIC/RTN side of the mixer for my send and return ableton stuff, so one side of the MIC/RTN channel always has 'duck' switched on, as it needs it..

So I'm really not sure :-(
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Hey man,

Well, yes it does have a MIC duck switch, but... I am using the MIC/RTN side of the mixer for my send and return ableton stuff, so one side of the MIC/RTN channel always has 'duck' switched on, as it needs it..

So I'm really not sure :-(
    That is the problem switch from 'Duck' to 'On' and your volume problem should be fixed.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Is there any way to switch the mixer from +4dbu to -10dbv? That's from Pro level to consumer level. Maybe that got turned on somehow?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    That is the problem switch from 'Duck' to 'On' and your volume problem should be fixed.
    The thing is, 'Duck' can not 'stay' on, on the xone 92. When i push the switch to 'duck' it releases as soon as i let go, so it can't actually be accidentally left on that... well, not that know of anyway, when i push the switch to 'On' it stays in place..

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Is there any way to switch the mixer from +4dbu to -10dbv? That's from Pro level to consumer level. Maybe that got turned on somehow?
    I really have no idea... I;ve checked, there just isn't any switches on that shouldnt be, or anything... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    The xone:92 has different output options that cover those bases.
    Mix 1 is +4dbu
    Mix 2 is -2dbu
    RCA out is -10dbv

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    The thing is, 'Duck' can not 'stay' on, on the xone 92. When i push the switch to 'duck' it releases as soon as i let go, so it can't actually be accidentally left on that... well, not that know of anyway, when i push the switch to 'On' it stays in place..
    I realized that after I posted my comment, I'm sorry. Have you looked at the volume on your speakers?

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

If the meters look right with the input volume set high then it's definitely the mixer and not the speakers.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    The xone:92 has different output options that cover those bases.
    Mix 1 is +4dbu
    Mix 2 is -2dbu
    RCA out is -10dbv

I realized that after I posted my comment, I'm sorry. Have you looked at the volume on your speakers?
    I'm using MIX 1 as my master out. XLR from 92, to TRS in my KRK's. I've always had it this way, too.

An yes the speakers are as they always are, nothing has changed with them... It's weird

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast