Pelican cases, or how I'm keeping my gear safe for real

Default Pelican cases, or how I'm keeping my gear safe for real

These are watertight and crush-proof. I was also amazed by the deals I was able to get through amazon.

Now, I will be able to transport my stuff 100% safely, even when it's raining, snowing, or whatever.

Almost everything besides the Aleph needed to be countersunk, and couldn't be done with just one through-hole cut. The small case holds the Aleph and the medium case holds the Tempest. The big case holds not only the Maschine Studio hardware, but my Maschine mkii, all three of my dual footswitches, the power adapter for the studio, the power adaptor for the Aleph, my favorite stereo audio interface and its breakout box, and all necessary cabling for those things. Even fully loaded, it weighs about as much as a seventh or an eight of my big turntable coffin. It works in three layers, like Inception.

I cut so much foam... so much foam.

I love the pick-foam inside these, it looks the same as in the Skeleton case range. I have a couple of their larger cases- the pick-foam is ideal as I have two separate foam sections made up for each case meaning I can swap them out depending on whether I want transport turntables or CDJs.

Good shout on Amazon too- the random deals they have on there make it well worth keeping an eye on. I got my Skeleton cases for a decent amount off list price, a week later they were back to full price again!
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Tech Mentor

These are awesome, love how you cut out separate compartments for each cable. I use a Marathon case that works great, but I have to spend extra time organizing cables every time I pack & unpack since they all share the same compartment with my mixer.
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

Yep - pelican cases are great.

In terms of turntables, my big coffin was a mistake, really. It's really heavy and cumbersome. My next pair of turntables (there's some good stuff to come, guys) will probably have to go in a pair of custom-cut cases like these.
    Last edited by botstein; 04-02-2014 at 08:15 PM.

I love these cases I use them for my photography & audio gear.

Tech Guru

Pelican cases are fantastic. Pricey though.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Pelican cases are fantastic. Pricey though.
    There are deals to be had, especially on Amazon. Besides, a $50 investment to protect $2000 worth of gear is a great idea, especially if it moves around as much as I do.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    These are watertight and crush-proof. I was also amazed by the deals I was able to get through amazon.

This looks great. Would you mind sharing the model number of the case you bought?
    Setup: Macbook Pro | 2x Kontrol X1 | Behringer MM1 | HD200 | Traktor

Default Pelican

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    I love the pick-foam inside these, it looks the same as in the Skeleton case range. I have a couple of their larger cases- the pick-foam is ideal as I have two separate foam sections made up for each case meaning I can swap them out depending on whether I want transport turntables or CDJs.

Good shout on Amazon too- the random deals they have on there make it well worth keeping an eye on. I got my Skeleton cases for a decent amount off list price, a week later they were back to full price again!
    I have come across people who will professionally cut out the phone of Pelican cases usually for firearms but im sure they do anything just looks very professional!