CAn Anyone Help Me Out with Serato Itch?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CAn Anyone Help Me Out with Serato Itch?

Having a realy bizarre time wth ITCH since I got it yesterday.
    I run Win XP Pro x64 so ITCH 1.1 was a must, on instal it gave me "hardware disconnected" reapeatedly (no mention of that during setup), after about 5 reinstalls, it began to tell me that my controller wasnt connected at setup.
    In sheer frustration I uninstalled and found beta 1.05 which seemed to go in ok the controller works, but the sound is glitched to f*ck, pops and clicks all the way, its practically unuseable, reinstalled 1.1 got the vestax firmware update and now ITCH while works with the vci 300 the sound is terrible. I fire it up and with no tracks loaded and the faders down i get repeated clicks n pops, can anyone help me with it?

My Setup is.
    Win XP Pro x64
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 (3.16GHz O'C@3.8GHz)
    Asus P5Q M/B
    8GB RAM (800 MHz)
    Terratec DMX 6Fire USB
    Vestax VCI 300

Tech Wizard

First, nice rig you got there *jealous*! Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the VCI-300 doesn't even support the x64 operating system architecture. You need to be running a 32-bit version of windows and most likely your problems will be resolved (given proper latency settings for the sound card, etc).

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Macintosh
    CPU : G4 1.5GHz or better
    RAM : 1GB
    Available USB Port

OR

Windows XP
    CPU : Pentium 4 mobile 2GHz or better
    Available USB Port
    Windows Vista
    CPU : Core Duo 1.6GHz or better
    Available USB Port

Please note
    The above is minimum requirement to run ITCH. We recommend you use a higher spec computer where possible. If you have a particularly large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.
    Windows Vista 64 bit not supported, if you are purchasing a Vista machine for ITCH, please ensure it has Windows Vista 32 bit installed.
    Last edited by Travis; 10-16-2009 at 09:16 AM.
    Native Instruments Kontrol S4
    Apple Macbook (OS/X 10.5)
    Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (3MB L2 cache)
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

Hi mate thanks for the reply, glad you like my rig, absolutely rocks in production and Traktor pro
    Here's what i have:
    As of ICH 1.1 there is now support for 64bit systems and ITCH 1.1 installs just fine, but the controller is "hardware disconnected".

Thing is the controller works like a charm in TPro (apart from no monitors and the fact that since i installed then uninstalled asio4all traktor cant play DirectSound, going to reinstall TPro and see if that fixes the problem)

Tinkered around using Itch 1.0.5 and despite "hardware disconnected" lighting up and me not being able to load both decks on ITCH 1.05 i actually had control over the track, play cue jog all worked like a charm. this is really bizarre stuff.
    Contacted Vestax via email, upped a bunch of posts on itch forum, no luck yet but will update as i get more info, if you got any advice for me I'd be more than grateful mate
    Last edited by CodeMorse; 10-16-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Tech Wizard

Yeah, I got to digging some more after my post and realized I'd stuck my foot in my mouth, heh.

I have experienced the problem you're having in the past with an Xponent I used to own. Honestly, I can't even recall what I did to get it working. I think this is the result of bad driver / resource association in Windows.

Also, DON'T use ASIO4ALL, as a matter of fact, uninstall that too just to make sure there are no conflicts. You should only be using the "ASIO" driver that is listed with the name of the VCI-300's built in soundcard. If you try and use your PC's built in card w/ ASIO4ALL you'll find it still won't be adequate.

Another thing you might do after a complete uninstall of Itch and VCI-300 drivers (delete folders left on HD, clean your registry, if you know where to look) is go into "Device Manager" on your system and just uninstall the Universal Serial Bus Controller chain of devices (atleast the one(s) it lets you). Also make sure theirs no entry under sound devices for the VCI-300 soundcard. Reboot Windows and it should re-detect the USB hub(s) and install them.

Install the drivers for your VCI per your reference manual instructions. Make sure you try and use a different USB port then you've been using. Then install Itch and see what happens.

Whatever you do, don't give up and keep at this. It's all software, and in the end only the user experience and troubleshooting can overcome it. The x64 environment will test your patience as most drivers haven't been in development long enough to cover all hardware configurations as well as the 32-bit. Hopefully support will get back to you sooner rather then later.
    Last edited by Travis; 10-16-2009 at 10:05 AM.
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

No worries i went and got vci before there was even any x64 support lol.

I made the mistake of installing asio4all and it f*cked direct sound in Tpro 1.2.1. I dont usee the built in card on the pc i got a terratec DMX6Fire USB for ASIO, and as far as i can tell VCI 300 doesnt have any asio drivers, just direct sound.

I have so far uninstalled itch, vci300, DMX6, Traktor and IE 8 (i heard it may cause issues) all thats left is to do the usb's, i use ccleaner for reg cleaning seems to have cleared away most things.

Gonna try usb now, then get back to you, thanks for the help mate you've been brilliant

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    No worries i went and got vci before there was even any x64 support lol.

I made the mistake of installing asio4all and it f*cked direct sound in Tpro 1.2.1. I dont usee the built in card on the pc i got a terratec DMX6Fire USB for ASIO, and as far as i can tell VCI 300 doesnt have any asio drivers, just direct sound.

I have so far uninstalled itch, vci300, DMX6, Traktor and IE 8 (i heard it may cause issues) all thats left is to do the usb's, i use ccleaner for reg cleaning seems to have cleared away most things.

Gonna try usb now, then get back to you, thanks for the help mate you've been brilliant
    Interesting indeed, you should still see driver entries for both the VCI-300's built-in card AND your DMX unit (when they're plugged in). Things definitely aren't installing right if you're not. I know on my machine I've always been able to see my Audio-8 card, M-Audio's built-in card (when I had it) and direct sound drivers.

You mentioned production. If you're using Live, Logic, whatever it may be... just out of curiosity, does the VCI or your DMX show up in that program as an audio device choice (as long as the VCI is plugged in when you launch you should be able to use that built-in card too)? If one or the other does, or doesn't, it tells you a lot about where the problem may lie (with Itch or the drivers).
    Last edited by Travis; 10-16-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

I use Cubase Studio 4 and at least there i have no issues its windows that seems to thow a tantrum. I *think* i solved that issue gonna try out the direct sound issue and see what happens.

No joy with itch yet, tried the suggestions... its a right bugger...

Tech Wizard

Have a read on this thread if you haven't already stumbled upon it:

http://www.serato.com/forum/discussion/168743

**TO OTHER USERS: The following clearly doesn't apply to the OP, but if you're researching this with a unique situation these things could cause issues.

Turns out this guy was having the same problem. It actually ended up being a faulty unit However, in your situation it could very well be low voltage / inadequate power coming from the USB port being used. With all that beefy hardware you have (not to mention your voltage being OC'd on the CPU) it could be pissing away the voltage levels of your USB port(s). Would be nice if you had another machine or a friend's PC you could try and install all this on to see if the problem persists. Set your CPU back to its factory settings / speed.

Also, I imagine you may have already tried, but if you can swap to a different USB cable please do. A bad cable could just as easily be the problem. I actually had a brand new cable i ordered off here from DJTT and it worked when i first got it, then failed about 5 minutes thereafter on every device I tried using it with. Of course DJTT promptly sent me a new one and made things right (+1 DJTT). No problems after that.
    Last edited by Travis; 10-16-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

Hey Travis thanks for that, problem is that its not the problem i have, it installs propely andd shows up as both a functional sound card and a fucnctional midi controller (on traktor pro 1.1.2 and 1.2.1) the only program that doesnt seem to recognise it is ITCH, pretty ironic considering theyre bundled together lololol. I have tried the following, any ITCH version that will install on my computer, 4 usb cables, all 10 usb ports on my pc, reformatting hdd, reinstalling itch and controller, deleting usb ports the works still not joy, the weird thing is that i tried it in the shop and had no issues, i installed itch 1.05 and while i got hardware disconnected and i couldnt cue up two tracks, i cued one trak on the player and had full controller access without a problem this is absolutely bizarre...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    Hey Travis thanks for that, problem is that its not the problem i have, it installs propely andd shows up as both a functional sound card and a fucnctional midi controller (on traktor pro 1.1.2 and 1.2.1) the only program that doesnt seem to recognise it is ITCH, pretty ironic considering theyre bundled together lololol. I have tried the following, any ITCH version that will install on my computer, 4 usb cables, all 10 usb ports on my pc, reformatting hdd, reinstalling itch and controller, deleting usb ports the works still not joy, the weird thing is that i tried it in the shop and had no issues, i installed itch 1.05 and while i got hardware disconnected and i couldnt cue up two tracks, i cued one trak on the player and had full controller access without a problem this is absolutely bizarre...
    Sorry bout that, got into a bit of tunnel vision with the research there. You're right, if it's working in Traktor it should in Itch. Seems pretty clear to me that Itch doesn't have all the issues worked out with the x64 update.

I would still recommend getting away from using any direct sound based drivers (if you are). Best of luck and be sure to post back if Serato / Vestax finds a solution.
    Last edited by Travis; 10-16-2009 at 11:58 AM.
    2GB PC5300 DDR2-667

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast