new guy with a question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default new guy with a question

hey everyone, Im new to this whole dj thing just getting my feet wet and finding a new hobby. I dont wanna sound like a dummy but how do I set up traktor and my firebox to do headphone cue. I googled and look around and im a little lost. thanks =)

Hey there welcome to our community

Run the firebox mixer and select which output you wish to monitor with the headphones.
    Next open up traktor and create 2 cue deck assignments one for deck a and one for deck b - usually this is done for you if you have a mixer that came with its own tks file to use.
    Select the presonus firebox as the soundcard for traktor in the soundcard settings then go to the output routings tab and select which channels you wish traktor to use. Make sure your monitor channel is the channel you selected in the presonus firebox mixer panel software that came with the card.

Now all you need to do is press the cue button while a track is playing and it should be cued onto your headphones.

Tech Convert

thanks for the help.. so im trying to see if i got this right so bare with me a little lol. I ran the firebox selected 3/4 for the monitor output. Now on traktor I set monitor on 3/4 as you said and I set 1/2 to master. The cue works but am I suppose to hear both deck play at the same time through the head phones when i press cue or just which ever deck im cuing...again Im still new to this dj thing so im not sure =)

Quote Originally Posted by koolikoo View Post
    thanks for the help.. so im trying to see if i got this right so bare with me a little lol. I ran the firebox selected 3/4 for the monitor output. Now on traktor I set monitor on 3/4 as you said and I set 1/2 to master. The cue works but am I suppose to hear both deck play at the same time through the head phones when i press cue or just which ever deck im cuing...again Im still new to this dj thing so im not sure =)
    Just the decks which the cue is on.

Tech Convert

hmmm..I guess im doing something wrong somewhere cause i hear both decks through the headphones

is only one cue light on traktor ?
    if thats the case then your monitoring track

Tech Convert

yea there's only one cue light on...how is it suppose to be, Im just experimenting with traktor right now so im actually using a demo version

you need play with your sound card settings some more until your when only the light is one, just that track is playing though the headphones.

Tech Convert

wow this is confusing lol.. well ill go mess with it for a little bit and see how it goes. thanks for the help

Check that your 'monitor select' dial in the top right is all the way left. Turn it all the way left to hear just the cued track; in the middle to hear your master and monitor; all the way right to hear just the master.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast