From TA6 to TA8 - Am i losing anything?

Default From TA6 to TA8 - Am i losing anything?

Recently picked up an A&H Xone 42, and currently route both sample decks out of the spare channel as I'm using a TA6.
    Saw a good deal on a TA8 and was considering picking it up, but am i downgrading or losing anything by moving from the newer TA6 to the older TA8? I can definitely sell my TA6 for more than the 8 is gonna run me.

Thanks in advance for the input.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

I had to do all this earlier. Do you feel like you need the extra input and output? I got an A4...I am skipping the A6 and going to an A8 next. I don't think I will need much more than that.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I had to do all this earlier. Do you feel like you need the extra input and output? I got an A4...I am skipping the A6 and going to an A8 next. I don't think I will need much more than that.
    right now i have to use splitters on the main out to run sample deck C into channel 2 and sample deck D into channel 3 on my mixer. Thus these channels are now playing in mono. It currently works, but its not ideal.

More so wondering if I'm losing any sound quality or latency by moving to the older model.

Tech Mentor

I did the same thing; started with a 6 and then picked up a used 8 for 4 deck use.

In my case, I've kept the 6 around too though.

Can't say I've noticed any difference in sound quality, and I've never had to mess with latency on either.

The only thing is that the USB port on the 8 doesn't grip the cable very tightly, which is quite common, I believe, and you should bear in mind that, at some point, NI will stop supporting the A8.

That may not be for a while (I hope), but it'll happen a lot sooner than with the 6 or the 10.

I have an audio8dj and a xone 92 ... I would probably upgrade to the audio10dj to give me the additional channel for effects. The new audio10dj mk2 can be used without a power source and they fixed the volume problems.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    I have an audio8dj and a xone 92 ... I would probably upgrade to the audio10dj to give me the additional channel for effects. The new audio10dj mk2 can be used without a power source and they fixed the volume problems.
    So its just a matter of ins/outs, not sound quality or latency.

And Elliot wouldn't you just use the send/return on the back of your mixer for routing external effects?

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    So its just a matter of ins/outs, not sound quality or latency.

And Elliot wouldn't you just use the send/return on the back of your mixer for routing external effects?
    It is indeed a matter of how many ins and outs. The audio10dj mk1 had a problem where the volume output was a few db less than the audio8dj and audio6dj but that was fixed in the mk2. (source)

As for the back of the mixer, I would like to use the aux outs to a fifth channel my sound card then I can route the fifth channel output to return 1, this way I can use abelton as an additional effects unit for my xone. I can't do that with my setup now because all 4 outputs are taken up by their respective channels.
    Last edited by Eliot Han; 04-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯